5,814,981 Members 40,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Moto X XT1060] Issues with WiFi and Bluetooth.

Tip us?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#11  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,645
Posts: 1,920
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetPhone View Post
Yes WiFi now works, It is just strange that WiFi worked on stock 4.4.2 without that file present in the persist folder. And I just used a Motorola factory image like a day or two ago with fastboot. Strange. Well Bluetooth also works. Thanks, however how do you get a "new" persist folder? Do you get it from the Motorola factory image, or is it impossible.
It is impossible. Something went wrong and the file got erased at some point. You SHOULD NOT have to do this again. /persist stays untouched between ROM flashes. Not even using RSD Lite to restore back to 100% stock touches the persist folder.

If you leave it alone, it should stay working forever, unless you somehow delete it. You cannot get it from the factory images...fortunately you were lucky enough to have someone willing to help you and "donate" the file from their phone :P
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FleetPhone
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
It is impossible. Something went wrong and the file got erased at some point. You SHOULD NOT have to do this again. /persist stays untouched between ROM flashes. Not even using RSD Lite to restore back to 100% stock touches the persist folder.

If you leave it alone, it should stay working forever, unless you somehow delete it. You cannot get it from the factory images...fortunately you were lucky enough to have someone willing to help you and "donate" the file from their phone :P
So Now I have 4 files, plus that lost+found folder that is always there. The other two files, not the .bt or the wlan_nv, permissions are lrwxrwxrwx and system linked to somewhere. Is that correct, the permissions? And from the log, It seemed that the phone tried to download a new WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin one from somewhere, but failed to do so. Thanks for your help, now these custom roms will actually operate as they should.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#13  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,645
Posts: 1,920
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetPhone View Post
So Now I have 4 files, plus that lost+found folder that is always there. The other two files, not the .bt or the wlan_nv, permissions are lrwxrwxrwx and system linked to somewhere. Is that correct, the permissions? And from the log, It seemed that the phone tried to download a new WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin one from somewhere, but failed to do so. Thanks for your help, now these custom roms will actually operate as they should.
Yes, those are the correct permissions. You are all set!

I AM very confused as to why the stock ROM worked for you without the missing file, but it is supposed to be present on every Moto X.

You should be able to change roms all you like and the WiFi should "Persist" (haha)

Just FYI, my /persist folder has this:

data (folder)
lost+found (folder)
omadm (folder) - I believe this is unique to Sprint devices
omadm_cust_database (folder) - also possibly unique to Sprint devices
omadm_database (folder) - another possible Sprint-only folder
prop (folder)
prov (folder
usf (folder)
and then the 4 files I listed earlier

I wonder if you formatted or erased /persist at some point?? Wonder why you don't have all the folders I have...

As long as everything is working, I guess it isn't a problem...strange though...maybe ALL those folders are unique to Sprint devices?
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FleetPhone
Old
(Last edited by FleetPhone; 12th July 2014 at 06:27 AM.)
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Yes, those are the correct permissions. You are all set!

I AM very confused as to why the stock ROM worked for you without the missing file, but it is supposed to be present on every Moto X.

You should be able to change roms all you like and the WiFi should "Persist" (haha)

Just FYI, my /persist folder has this:

data (folder)
lost+found (folder)
omadm (folder) - I believe this is unique to Sprint devices
omadm_cust_database (folder) - also possibly unique to Sprint devices
omadm_database (folder) - another possible Sprint-only folder
prop (folder)
prov (folder
usf (folder)
and then the 4 files I listed earlier

I wonder if you formatted or erased /persist at some point?? Wonder why you don't have all the folders I have...

As long as everything is working, I guess it isn't a problem...strange though...maybe ALL those folders are unique to Sprint devices?
Mine Is a Verizon phone, so that could be why. Also the early versions of twrp may have wiped everything once as it was not offically supported at the time. Explains all those weird Motorola errors I would get when fastbooting ( I fixed those eventually). I hope I don't need any more files, I would need to hunt them down. And now have an official twrp recovery. But thanks anyway.
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 2,446
Join Date: Sep 2012
Some older Philz & CWMR recoveries let you format persist!!
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
 
hannoshi
Old
#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default wifi bluetooth problems!!

I'm having the same issue, but reading the posts is very confusing, if someone can post the step by step to be done I would appreciate it. For months I am with this problem out, what caused me to increase my data plans by not being able to use wifi. PLIS I NEED SOME HELP =(
 
FleetPhone
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannoshi View Post
I'm having the same issue, but reading the posts is very confusing, if someone can post the step by step to be done I would appreciate it. For months I am with this problem out, what caused me to increase my data plans by not being able to use wifi. PLIS I NEED SOME HELP =(
Well, first you will need to use a file manager to look inside the persist folder, which is located in the root directory. You must have these 4 files:
.bt_nv.bin
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_calibration_persist.bin
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_regulatory_persist.bin

If they are there, you should be fine. If you still have a problem, then this solution is not for you.
 
PaulinhoCy
Old
(Last edited by PaulinhoCy; 11th September 2014 at 04:26 AM.)
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default Help ... I'm having the same problem :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
See the edit to my previous post. I linked the file you need. MY WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin file is 29.08KB.

Please try copying that file into your persist folder, and then changing permissions as I advised in the last post. Reboot and advise if WiFi is working now.

Hello friend!
I'm new here, I'm having the same problem, however I downloaded files from your MOTO X and put it in my folder PERSIST, then I put the Wi-Fi only worked twice. Do not know if it was something wrong that I did more I changed some files in the folder (/ system / etc / firmware / wlan / prima) I replaced the file with the WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin has PERSIST in the folder ... directory (/ system / etc / firmware / wlan / prima) got the files (WCNSS_CFG.dat, WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini, WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin), you could make available the files in this directory? Or do you have another suggestion?

Note! There are times that the bluetooth connects any device located not more, then it stops working.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes