Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got New Moto X XT1060

Tip us?

L7iharsha
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
I'm contacted one of my Frnd who is pro in cdma programming in India after watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6rz...e_gdata_player he told me that Verizon Locked GSM radio on my Moto X he said that needs some root modification

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Motorola Atrix 4G>>MIUI>>Motorola Razr XT912>>Jellybeaned >>Motorola Defy CM10.1 >>Motorola Atrix HD>>CM10.1 >>Motorola Razr I>>Jellybean 4.1.2>>Razr HD XT925 Updated to Jellybean Unlocked Bootloader Motorola Moto X

L7iharsha
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
@KidJoe can I flash this Android 4.2.2
Blur_Version.139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Motorola Atrix 4G>>MIUI>>Motorola Razr XT912>>Jellybeaned >>Motorola Defy CM10.1 >>Motorola Atrix HD>>CM10.1 >>Motorola Razr I>>Jellybean 4.1.2>>Razr HD XT925 Updated to Jellybean Unlocked Bootloader Motorola Moto X

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7iharsha View Post
I'm contacted one of my Frnd who is pro in cdma programming in India after watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6rz...e_gdata_player he told me that Verizon Locked GSM radio on my Moto X he said that needs some root modification

Well, then I'm sure my experience of putting a T-Mobile USA and ATT USA (both GSM carrier) SIMs in my X, a and getting them to work using GSM/HSPA only, along with the experiences of the many others who did the same and posted about it, doesn't count since your "friend who is pro" and just watched a video determined the GSM side was locked.

No, the GSM Side of the Verizon USA Moto X is not SIM locked. If it was I could not put a Non-Verizon SIM in and make it work. And even if it was, I've never seen ROOT needed to SIM Unlock. The phone is sold by Verizon as a "Global Phone" meaning it supports at least quad band GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900Mhz) which are used around the globe. Now, if your carrier does't use those frequencies, it wont work.

As I said in my previous post there is what appears to be a bug or problem when using LTE with at least T-Mobile USA.. and pointed you to this thread -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578665 and suggested you start reading at post #14... Please VISIT THAT THREAD AND READ THOSE COMMENTS!!!!!! it outlines the problem and a work around.

You mention troubles getting GSM bands in your original post, but now that you mention your friend and CDMA, I'll go back to what I posted. If your carrier uses CDMA, the VZW X wont work. But you haven't stated if your carrier uses CDMA or GSM, just that you can't get GSM Bands. If the SIM you are trying to use if from a carrier that only uses GSM Bands, that is one thing. But if the carrier uses CDMA its something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7iharsha View Post
@KidJoe can I flash this Android 4.2.2
Blur_Version.139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Did you read where I said there were 3 roms for the VZW X currently? What was ROM #2?? And I said that if you were on the Camera Update, or Kit Kat, you could flash either of those two roms, just not the initial shipping rom. So yes, if your phone is a Verizon Wireless USA Moto X, you can flash that as it is the #2 aka Camera Update rom.

Forgive me for sounding a bit frustrated, but I took the time to type that up, and you obviously didn't read it, nor did you give details of your carrier, what frequencies you were trying to use, etc.

Now, you mention that you have a "Frnd who is pro in cdma programming in India " then why not have him/her help you solve this?

L7iharsha
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
I have the same bands in India my carrier support em there is no carrier or band issue the main point is my Frnd and my Old Verizon Moto X With GSM Working fine only mine not working !!that's why I'm worried even My droid Ultra Working fine with Indian GSM

s_u_n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am curious to know what happened to this phone in the last one month. @L7iharsha: Were you finally able to resolve the issue of voice calls not working on your GSM carrier with your Moto X Verizon version?