Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X XT1060 (Verizon) - unlocking boot loader?

Tip us?

kent1146
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Moto X XT1060 (Verizon) - unlocking boot loader?

Hi All.

Sorry for the newbie question. I recently updated to android 4.4.4 and lost root.

Is there a way to unlock the boot loader on my Verizon Wireless Moto X (XT1060)?

My end goal is to get root access back on this device, so I can set it up as a WiFi hotspot and run Xposed for the visual tweaks. I am not terribly interested in custom ROMs, unless it is the only way for me to get root back.

Am I stuck with a locked boot loader because of Verizon? If yes, I will probably either wait for 4.4.4 root, or just buy a new phone (Nexus or developer edition) when he new batch of android smart phones start showing up in September / October.

Thanks.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 759
This thread -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...usion-t2826159

In particular this post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...9/post54671918

Answers your questions.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kent1146
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Thank you for the fast reply.

I tried using Search for that info before (especially about that particular post)... but as you might imagine, it can be tough for a relative newbie to sort through dozens and dozens of pages of posts (many of which use acronyms which are unfamiliar to a newbie).

thanks again.