[Q] Moto X (NOT ROOTED) - Wifi and Bluetooth problems

3rd August 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hello!

Wifi and Bluetooth aren't working anymore When you try turning them on, them just turn off immediately. It has been going on after KitKat 4.4.3 update.

It's the same situation this member described in this thread: >>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/wifi-bluetooth-issues-t2808419<<<<

He also uploaded a video about this issue: >>>>youtube . com / watch? v = girqFv6eWnQ<<<<

I also have been reading this threads:
>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/wifi-isnt-t2760479<<<<
>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/moto-x-xt1060-issues-wifi-bluetooth-t2813308<<<<
and the solution for this would be replace the WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin in the Persist folder. As my phone is not rooted, it seens impossible I had accidently deleted this file, right? Anyway, the Persist folder of my phone is empty. It's because my phone is not rooted so it doesn't show the files inside the folder? At the wlan/prima, there are the following files:

WCNSS_cfg.dat
WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin (that's the file, right?)
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_calibration.bin
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_regulatory.bin

Is there some possible solution or I really need to send my phone to technical support?

I'm sorry about my English and my poor knowlegde. Thank's a lot!
3rd August 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 507

2,501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelrossignoli

Hello!

Wifi and Bluetooth aren't working anymore When you try turning them on, them just turn off immediately. It has been going on after KitKat 4.4.3 update.

It's the same situation this member described in this thread: >>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/wifi-bluetooth-issues-t2808419<<<<

He also uploaded a video about this issue: >>>>youtube . com / watch? v = girqFv6eWnQ<<<<

I also have been reading this threads:
>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/wifi-isnt-t2760479<<<<
>>>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/moto-x-xt1060-issues-wifi-bluetooth-t2813308<<<<
and the solution for this would be replace the WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin in the Persist folder. As my phone is not rooted, it seens impossible I had accidently deleted this file, right? Anyway, the Persist folder of my phone is empty. It's because my phone is not rooted so it doesn't show the files inside the folder? At the wlan/prima, there are the following files:

WCNSS_cfg.dat
WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin (that's the file, right?)
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_calibration.bin
WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv_regulatory.bin

Is there some possible solution or I really need to send my phone to technical support?

I'm sorry about my English and my poor knowlegde. Thank's a lot!

There is no way to prove that persist is vacant as you are unrooted. It is most likely a coinsident hardware failure. But still possible.
Go warranty replacement. Rsd restore is no help as persist is not in the XML.
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 3rd August 2014 at 07:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

There is no way to prove that persist is vacant as you are unrooted. It is most likely a coinsident hardware failure. But still possible.
Go warranty replacement. Rsd restore is no help as persist is not in the XML.

For first, thank you for your concern.

I see. It's a poor situation we have been seeing with others Moto X owners, especially after 4.4.3 update. Considering it's not a hardware issue and 4.4.4 update release (my phone is still in 4.4.3), is the 4.4.4 update worth it? I have been reading about increasing battery consumption after 4.4.4 update. I also have read about restoring the stock rom could be a worth try, even if your phone has never been rooted. What you say?
3rd August 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #4  

2,501 posts
Quote:

For first, thank you for your concern.

I see. It's a poor situation we have been seeing with others Moto X owners, especially after 4.4.3 update. Considering it's not a hardware issue and 4.4.4 update release (my phone is still in 4.4.3), is the 4.4.4 update worth it? I have been reading about increasing battery consumption after 4.4.4 update. I also have read about restoring the stock rom could be a worth try, even if your phone has never been rooted. What you say?

I have a Maxx now on 444, not rooted & 444 is fine. There is much feedback on x 444 around.
3rd August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

I have a Maxx now on 444, not rooted & 444 is fine. There is much feedback on x 444 around.

So I will try to update it on 4.4.4. A last question I forgot asking: my 3/4G is working fine. 3/4G has nothing to do with wifi/bluetooth hardware/software, right?
3rd August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #6  

2,501 posts
Quote:

So I will try to update it on 4.4.4. A last question I forgot asking: my 3/4G is working fine. 3/4G has nothing to do with wifi/bluetooth hardware/software, right?

Correct.
6th August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
I've sent my phone warranty. I'm a previous contact they told me it's probably a hardware issue. The battery comsumption has increased a lot and the explanation is that phone is constantly searching for wifi/bluetooth. Is it possible even with hardware failure?

When I get my phone back tell you what was it's problem and the possible solution.
9th August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Wifi and bluetooth had started working from nothing. Then, it stopped again. And it went this way several times since. Now, it's working properly, but it may stop anytime. Could it still be a hardware issue? I just have updated 4.4.4 yesterday. In one of the situations, I found the message "supplicant status: scanning".
9th August 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,965 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Wifi and bluetooth had started working from nothing. Then, it stopped again. And it went this way several times since. Now, it's working properly, but it may stop anytime. Could it still be a hardware issue? I just have updated 4.4.4 yesterday. In one of the situations, I found the message "supplicant status: scanning".

Yes. based on the information you have provided, and my personal experience, I would suspect a hardware failure.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Yes. based on the information you have provided, and my personal experience, I would suspect a hardware failure.

Well, wifi and bluetooth aren't working anymore since my last post. There's a big battery drain - something like 60% of battery life in 3 hours with phone - supposedly - in sleep mode, even when it is in airplane mode. It seems the system tries to find wifi and bluetooth. When I see my battery status, Android OS and Android System processes are draining more battery life than screen itself. Could it be a hardware failure even if wifi and bluetooth get back working sometimes?

I think I'll buy a lower cost android phone if I decide sending my Moto X warranty. It's complicated staying without a smartphone during 20~30 days.

I appreciate you all for the help and considerations.

Update: sending my Moto x warranty. Tell you what was wrong when I get it back
Last edited by rafaelrossignoli; 19th August 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread