[Q] Root Verizon Moto X DE - 4.4.4?

OP GW Show

16th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
First off I apologize if this has been answered. I have spent a great time searching but has not found an exact answer to my question.

I recently purchased a Verizon Moto X developers edition off Swappa that has the 4.4.4 update with the intention to root it. (For the wifi hotspot)

I know some of the updates have closed some opportunities to give it root, but is it still possible to give the device root with this latest update?

Thank you everyone for your time.
16th August 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,727

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Show

First off I apologize if this has been answered. I have spent a great time searching but has not found an exact answer to my question.

I recently purchased a Verizon Moto X developers edition off Swappa that has the 4.4.4 update with the intention to root it. (For the wifi hotspot)

I know some of the updates have closed some opportunities to give it root, but is it still possible to give the device root with this latest update?

Thank you everyone for your time.

If it really is the Dev edition, all you need to do is unlock the bootloader and flash twrp which will root it. See the one stop shop rooting thread in general - it will point you in the right directions.

If it is not a Dev edition, there is currently no way to root.

Good luck
Last edited by samwathegreat; 16th August 2014 at 05:41 PM.
17th August 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 99

545 posts
What did you search for? I find it odd that you weren't able to find any info on how to root a developer edition.
17th August 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 73

248 posts
Lmao
17th August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 57

193 posts
No.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread