Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do MotoMaker phones usually ship before ETA?

Tip us?

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Default Do MotoMaker phones usually ship before ETA?

Hey guys so I have someone interested in buying my regular all black moto x. I'd like to get a customized one and they're saying 9 days. Anyone that's used this service, does it normally take the full estimated time or is usually finished before that? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tu3218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jim.1405
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
Hey guys so I have someone interested in buying my regular all black moto x. I'd like to get a customized one and they're saying 9 days. Anyone that's used this service, does it normally take the full estimated time or is usually finished before that? Thanks.
I ordered my X last Sunday, it shipped Monday and arrived to my home on Wednesday. I didn't get the custom engraving though. Not sure it that would add to the time or not.

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.1405 View Post
I ordered my X last Sunday, it shipped Monday and arrived to my home on Wednesday. I didn't get the custom engraving though. Not sure it that would add to the time or not.
hmm okay thank you.

RenSoAbrupt
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Usually ships before hand. And I have a custom engraving one and bought it around the time of the winter storm back in the ending part of last year.

Arrived way before the expected estimated time. Which at the time was Christmas Eve. Received it on the 17th IIRC, after ordering on the 11th.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

helldogg75
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
Website said eight days. Received it in four. With custom engraving.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Thanks everyone for your input. Trying to decide if it's worth going through the hastle lol I have my old Gnex that I could go back to in the mean time if I did decided to do it. Basically I could $350 for my current 32gb one and get a custom one for $380.

joemanbui
Old
Thanks Meter 8
When I ordered it during the $100 off promo, the ETA said 1-2 wks, but it was delivered within 3 days. Surprisingly fast shipping. And shipping is free too.
Moto X 4.4.3 Stock XT1053 T-Mobile, Nexus 7 (2013)

HTC Inspire 4G w/ Case-Mate Tough Case :]
Rom: SENSEI 1.2.3

HTC One S l S-Off l T-Mobile
ViperOneS l ElementalX

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemanbui View Post
When I ordered it during the $100 off promo, the ETA said 1-2 wks, but it was delivered within 3 days. Surprisingly fast shipping. And shipping is free too.
Yeah I'm definitely tempted.

helldogg75
Old
Thanks Meter 31
You won't be sorry. It's a great phone. Nothing like what is out now.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by helldogg75 View Post
You won't be sorry. It's a great phone. Nothing like what is out now.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I know I already have one lol I just have a regular all black version for Verizon. I'm debating selling it and buying a customized version. Not sure if it's worth it or not.