XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Assist Apps Missing

Tip us?

dannyboy988
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Motorola Assist Apps Missing

Is anybody else having issues getting moto assist to work? Specifically while driving?

I have the driving feature set to talk to me and resume music play when my device detects that I am driving, however it doesn't look like this is working for me. The meetings feature is working fine, but even though my X displays the driving notification in the status bar, it doesn't read texts or announce who is calling or texting me.

I've looked for solutions to this issue on the mighty internet and found that there are others with similar problems and all they had to do was reset Moto Assist by clearing data and cache for the following apps:
Motorola Assist
Motorola Assist Framework
Motorola Assist Engine
Motorola Assist Talk To Me

Here is the issue for me. My apps list only shows the first two apps in that list. It appears that Motorola Assist Engine and Talk To Me are missing from my device (which would explain why I'm having issues). The problem is I don't know how to get these apps.

I have tried uninstalling updates for Motorola Assist and updating it again. I also tried a factory reset. Neither of these solutions brought these missing apps to my device and clearing data and cache for the apps that I do have doesn't solve the issue. I am on android 4.4. I updated my phone as soon as I got it so I don't know if this was broken by the update or not.

Does anybody else have this issue? Anybody here have an idea how I can fix this?

It looks like this guy over at the moto forums is having the same issue with no luck: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/e1788e31bf

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Just took a drive and its working here... and I don't have those other two binaries.

slyd0997
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I don't have the other two either and moto assist works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction." - Mark Twain