Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Motorola Assist and Driving Mode Broken after Update

OP YabosMcGee

28th February 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
My XT1053 is only about a month old, and has been functioning mostly correct. However, since the most recent update (2.0.29) it no longer detects when I'm driving. The phone is completely stock, non-rooted, and I haven't installed anything recently. Anyone else having an issue with driving mode since the update? Or, anyone have an idea on what could possibly fix it? Thanks.
28th February 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 163

843 posts
More
My only issue with drive detection after the update was it turning on and off while driving. Seems that different types of vibration make the thing think you're not driving anymore. I adjusted my mount with a different length arm and solved the problem. Also setting it on the seat next to me or in a visor pocket solved it as well (which is how I discovered the mount was the problem).

But if it is simply never coming on for you I think you have a different problem.
1st March 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 75

326 posts
More
Maybe check your Location setting, GPS should be in High Accuracy mode for it to work.
3rd March 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera

My only issue with drive detection after the update was it turning on and off while driving. Seems that different types of vibration make the thing think you're not driving anymore. I adjusted my mount with a different length arm and solved the problem. Also setting it on the seat next to me or in a visor pocket solved it as well (which is how I discovered the mount was the problem).

But if it is simply never coming on for you I think you have a different problem.

It never seems to come on anymore, both in my car and on my motorcycle. In the car it just sits in a cup holder. When on my motorcycle is in my jacket pocket. Both places it worked before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBN1

Maybe check your Location setting, GPS should be in High Accuracy mode for it to work.

Already set in High Accuracy since I got the phone. Besides app updates, nothing settings-wise has changed on my device. I'm stumped.
3rd March 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 163

843 posts
More
Maybe try clearing Assist's cache and data, uninstall and reinstall and re-setup. Might try wiping the phone's cache as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread