Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Motorola Assist Driving Nag

OP TCommander

4th March 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

149 posts
Ever since the most recent Motorola Assist update I get a constant Notification Nag that I need to turn GPS on for driving assist to work. I am fully aware of that and use taker to turn on GPS when my car bluetooth attaches. Can anyone give any insight into how to make this notification stop? Is there an Xposed module that addresses this or any other way to use assist and driving but not be nagged?
4th March 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 177

730 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCommander

Ever since the most recent Motorola Assist update I get a constant Notification Nag that I need to turn GPS on for driving assist to work. I am fully aware of that and use taker to turn on GPS when my car bluetooth attaches. Can anyone give any insight into how to make this notification stop? Is there an Xposed module that addresses this or any other way to use assist and driving but not be nagged?

Just leave GPS on. It's only in use when an app calls for it so it does not affect battery life...unless you have a bunch of apps that constantly update based on location. You don't have to worry about turning it on and off when you need it.....enabling it on your device only provides access to it from your apps (driving assist, maps, etc..), it doesn't turn it on and it just runs non-stop.
The Following User Says Thank You to tcrews For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
I've just unchecked the "notifications" box in the Assist app info, that solves it for me. If you don't care about it displaying the current profile in the status bar it'll fix ya fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread