Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X OS Updater

Tip us?

Did Doe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Moto X OS Updater

Hello everyone,

I am posting here today on the topic of the Moto X OS Updater. I have the VZW Moto X Dev Ed running Rooted Kit Kat 4.4. I do not want the new update and it is asking me everyday if I would like to install. As I am not interested in doing so I would like to remove this. Is there a way to shut down the updater or maybe even remove the apk? If so what is it called or how do I do so?

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe

Teksu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Did Doe View Post
Hello everyone,

I am posting here today on the topic of the Moto X OS Updater. I have the VZW Moto X Dev Ed running Rooted Kit Kat 4.4. I do not want the new update and it is asking me everyday if I would like to install. As I am not interested in doing so I would like to remove this. Is there a way to shut down the updater or maybe even remove the apk? If so what is it called or how do I do so?

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...4-4-2-t2660439
The Following User Says Thank You to Teksu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Schaweet
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
-Did Doe
Out of curiosity, why don't you want the update?

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaweet View Post

i am wondering the same question you are a DEV device with a unlocked bootloader so you can easily root your device again after that update. im very glad i took the update it fixed a couple issues i was having
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

Did Doe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teksu View Post
Your the best! Thank you so much?
-Did Doe

Devices:
Moto X Developer Edition *Rooted
Droid Bionic *Rooted and Non-Rooted
HTC incredible 2 *Non-Rooted

What are you going to do tonight Did Doe?
Same thing I do every night try to take over the world!

Did Doe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaweet View Post

Well from what I read I can't go back to the post camera update if I take 4.4.2. This is important I am able to do what I want you know.
-Did Doe

Devices:
Moto X Developer Edition *Rooted
Droid Bionic *Rooted and Non-Rooted
HTC incredible 2 *Non-Rooted

What are you going to do tonight Did Doe?
Same thing I do every night try to take over the world!

Teksu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Well from what I read I can't go back to the post camera update if I take 4.4.2. This is important I am able to do what I want you know.
The main reason people want to get back to 4.2.2 is to root. with the DE you can root with any version because of the unlocked bootloader.

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
You have a developer edition... You can flash damn well near anything you want.

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartlandSmith View Post
yeah it is looking like some of the nervous nellies on this site have spooked a lot of us into thinking you can't.
yeah, but a little reading and people can figure it all out. and some of the fear is good, people get a little too trigger happy sometimes before they learn the ropes of a new device.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!
The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartlandSmith View Post
nah, the misinfo keeps getting posted and reposted and the more you read, the more misinfo you read.
well it is very known what you can and can't flash, it's stickied in the general thread. No misinfo on that one. also all the upgrading and downgrading software and bootloader info is there too. pretty much everything, I think the people who are nervous are the ones not reading threads. things are pretty clear and dry here, and many questions have been answered there too!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...uides-t2603358

hope that helps explain things cartland!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
developer edition, moto x, update