The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge Performance

more

Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay

The post Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay appeared first on … more

Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3

The post Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3 appeared first on … more

Exclamation [Q] Continuous reboot after 4.2.2 downgrade

OP UberSprode

26th March 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.
Last edited by UberSprode; 26th March 2014 at 01:43 AM.
26th March 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 5,701

15,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSprode

I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.

You know there's a way to unlock your bootloader for $43ish. Many success stories. Your phone playing life would improve greatly.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread