Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Continuous reboot after 4.2.2 downgrade

Tip us?

UberSprode
Old
(Last edited by UberSprode; 26th March 2014 at 12:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Continuous reboot after 4.2.2 downgrade

I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSprode View Post
I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.
You know there's a way to unlock your bootloader for $43ish. Many success stories. Your phone playing life would improve greatly.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips