Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation [Q] Continuous reboot after 4.2.2 downgrade

OP UberSprode

26th March 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.
Last edited by UberSprode; 26th March 2014 at 01:43 AM.
26th March 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,878

13,411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSprode

I tried following this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 so that I could root my AT&T device.
I was able to adb and fastboot into the device. And I flashed the ATT CU update with fastboot.
After that the device constantly reboots after reaching the M logo screen,
I can boot into the bootloader, and I can send fastboot commands, but not any adb commands.
I also cannot load any of the options in the bootloader (Recovery, Factory, etc), they simply reboot the phone.

I don't care what version of Android I go to as long as it gives me a working phone. Please help!
Thanks.

Edit: I was able to recover my phone by flashing the 4.4 update. I would like to know where I went wrong, so that I could possibly still do the downgrade>root>upgrade path.

You know there's a way to unlock your bootloader for $43ish. Many success stories. Your phone playing life would improve greatly.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread