Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 49,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob stuck on Team Win Screen VZW Dev 4.2.2 screw up

Tip us?

FreezeOnDrums
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Noob stuck on Team Win Screen VZW Dev 4.2.2 screw up

This is the first time I have tried to root a phone so I'm a noob.
I have the VZW Dev edition. I unlocked the boot loader flashed TWRP and am SuperSU.
I got the update and allowed install. I didn't even think this would screw up my phone.

So now I'm stuck in this infinite reload to the team win home with the 8 button choices.

Please can someone tell me how to get my phone to take the update and then how to restore TWRP and SuperSU.

I looked around on the forums for the last couple hours but I'm not understanding how to proceeds from where I'm stuck. I can't use my phone at all. It just keeps resetting to the team win boot up.

Thank you in advance.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,262
Everything you need to help you is here. Start with return to stock. Probably your best bet now. You'll lose apps and data....or even everything on your phone depending what method you use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

Did you try to wipe cache and dalvik cache in twrp? Or factory reset? You'll lose your Apps and data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeOnDrums View Post
This is the first time I have tried to root a phone so I'm a noob.
I have the VZW Dev edition. I unlocked the boot loader flashed TWRP and am SuperSU.
I got the update and allowed install. I didn't even think this would screw up my phone.

So now I'm stuck in this infinite reload to the team win home with the 8 button choices.

Please can someone tell me how to get my phone to take the update and then how to restore TWRP and SuperSU.

I looked around on the forums for the last couple hours but I'm not understanding how to proceeds from where I'm stuck. I can't use my phone at all. It just keeps resetting to the team win boot up.

Thank you in advance.
Def read that link he posted! and you can't use OTA update while on a custom recovery, or with root. again please read the link "kj" posted and don't do anything until then or you may brick!! last, read all the rules and stickies before you do anything!! that's how you avoid these situations..

Hope you fix everything.
N5 EHNDROIX V 14.8.8
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye. Galaxy S III GOOD RIDDEN!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FreezeOnDrums
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Got it. Kinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Everything you need to help you is here. Start with return to stock. Probably your best bet now. You'll lose apps and data....or even everything on your phone depending what method you use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

Did you try to wipe cache and dalvik cache in twrp? Or factory reset? You'll lose your Apps and data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I was able to reboot it after about 10 tries. It was reset to before the new update. I'll read through what you linked. Thank you very much.

Hopefully I can flash the stock back, update and flash back TWRP and SuperSU.

Thanks again for replying.