Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Noob stuck on Team Win Screen VZW Dev 4.2.2 screw up

OP FreezeOnDrums

2nd March 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
This is the first time I have tried to root a phone so I'm a noob.
I have the VZW Dev edition. I unlocked the boot loader flashed TWRP and am SuperSU.
I got the update and allowed install. I didn't even think this would screw up my phone.

So now I'm stuck in this infinite reload to the team win home with the 8 button choices.

Please can someone tell me how to get my phone to take the update and then how to restore TWRP and SuperSU.

I looked around on the forums for the last couple hours but I'm not understanding how to proceeds from where I'm stuck. I can't use my phone at all. It just keeps resetting to the team win boot up.

Thank you in advance.
2nd March 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,872

13,384 posts
More
Everything you need to help you is here. Start with return to stock. Probably your best bet now. You'll lose apps and data....or even everything on your phone depending what method you use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

Did you try to wipe cache and dalvik cache in twrp? Or factory reset? You'll lose your Apps and data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #3  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeOnDrums

This is the first time I have tried to root a phone so I'm a noob.
I have the VZW Dev edition. I unlocked the boot loader flashed TWRP and am SuperSU.
I got the update and allowed install. I didn't even think this would screw up my phone.

So now I'm stuck in this infinite reload to the team win home with the 8 button choices.

Please can someone tell me how to get my phone to take the update and then how to restore TWRP and SuperSU.

I looked around on the forums for the last couple hours but I'm not understanding how to proceeds from where I'm stuck. I can't use my phone at all. It just keeps resetting to the team win boot up.

Thank you in advance.

Def read that link he posted! and you can't use OTA update while on a custom recovery, or with root. again please read the link "kj" posted and don't do anything until then or you may brick!! last, read all the rules and stickies before you do anything!! that's how you avoid these situations..

Hope you fix everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Got it. Kinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Everything you need to help you is here. Start with return to stock. Probably your best bet now. You'll lose apps and data....or even everything on your phone depending what method you use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

Did you try to wipe cache and dalvik cache in twrp? Or factory reset? You'll lose your Apps and data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was able to reboot it after about 10 tries. It was reset to before the new update. I'll read through what you linked. Thank you very much.

Hopefully I can flash the stock back, update and flash back TWRP and SuperSU.

Thanks again for replying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread