Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MultiROM for Moto X??

Tip us?

davidjumani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] MultiROM for Moto X??

Hey guys I just want to know if it is possible to port multirom to the moto x???? My previous Motorola Atrix 2 had something similar called boot menu manager. So is it possible to get multirom????

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
You'd have to talk to the dev who created it. And he would surely need a moto x. For the N7 2013 he had a kick start campaign to collect funds for the N7 2013 purchase.

With half the moto x people being out of the picture, cause they have locked bootloader.....interest may be low. Also, there's only so much to flash on a moto x.....again, interest may be low cause of that.

I'll say this, if the people that want it put a moto x in his hands (through up front donations) its very possible he would make a version for the X.

This is all assuming its even technically possible.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Maybe @Tasssadar can weigh in?

It is on my N5....amazing. I have 4 ROMs currently on it.

Personally, I think a lot prefer stock....tho I guess with multirom they may try other things and keep stock as their main ROM.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

davidjumani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
You'd have to talk to the dev who created it. And he would surely need a moto x. For the N7 2013 he had a kick start campaign to collect funds for the N7 2013 purchase.

With half the moto x people being out of the picture, cause they have locked bootloader.....interest may be low. Also, there's only so much to flash on a moto x.....again, interest may be low cause of that.

I'll say this, if the people that want it put a moto x in his hands (through up front donations) its very possible he would make a version for the X.

This is all assuming its even technically possible.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Maybe @Tasssadar can weigh in?

It is on my N5....amazing. I have 4 ROMs currently on it.

Personally, I think a lot prefer stock....tho I guess with multirom they may try other things and keep stock as their main ROM.

So its not possible for one of the devs of the moto x to port it themselves with his help???

dier325
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjumani View Post
So its not possible for one of the devs of the moto x to port it themselves with his help???
Most of the devices that we use here are Bootloader locked, and would not allow flashing. As for the devs of the device, Motorola, I don't think they support the rooting scene as much as say someone like Oppo does.

davidjumani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dier325 View Post
Most of the devices that we use here are Bootloader locked, and would not allow flashing. As for the devs of the device, Motorola, I don't think they support the rooting scene as much as say someone like Oppo does.
Thanks and I've been reading up on safestrap. Can you flash custom roms using that on another system??

dier325
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Thanks and I've been reading up on safestrap. Can you flash custom roms using that on another system??
I am not the person to ask. I use a locked boot loader device. Sorry :/

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Do you have a Moto X and you want to root it? Use TowelPieRoot!

Have you used a Moto X unlock code and are willing to share it? Form here.

davidjumani
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dier325 View Post
I am not the person to ask. I use a locked boot loader device. Sorry :/

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It says its for locked bootloaders too

Biom4st3r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Even if you safestrap you can't flash kernals(so you can't have anything like CM11, PAC, etc) only Stock based roms will work.

Stock roms:
Eclipse:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-blur-t2521509

Krypton:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-2014-t2716657
The Following User Says Thank You to Biom4st3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
I'm not sure safestrap will work if you're already on 4.4.2 or higher.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
multirom