Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

[Q] MultiROM for Moto X??

OP davidjumani

1st July 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 78
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
Hey guys I just want to know if it is possible to port multirom to the moto x???? My previous Motorola Atrix 2 had something similar called boot menu manager. So is it possible to get multirom????
1st July 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #2  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,103
 
10,194 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
You'd have to talk to the dev who created it. And he would surely need a moto x. For the N7 2013 he had a kick start campaign to collect funds for the N7 2013 purchase.

With half the moto x people being out of the picture, cause they have locked bootloader.....interest may be low. Also, there's only so much to flash on a moto x.....again, interest may be low cause of that.

I'll say this, if the people that want it put a moto x in his hands (through up front donations) its very possible he would make a version for the X.

This is all assuming its even technically possible.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Maybe @Tasssadar can weigh in?

It is on my N5....amazing. I have 4 ROMs currently on it.

Personally, I think a lot prefer stock....tho I guess with multirom they may try other things and keep stock as their main ROM.
2nd July 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 78
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

You'd have to talk to the dev who created it. And he would surely need a moto x. For the N7 2013 he had a kick start campaign to collect funds for the N7 2013 purchase.

With half the moto x people being out of the picture, cause they have locked bootloader.....interest may be low. Also, there's only so much to flash on a moto x.....again, interest may be low cause of that.

I'll say this, if the people that want it put a moto x in his hands (through up front donations) its very possible he would make a version for the X.

This is all assuming its even technically possible.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Maybe @Tasssadar can weigh in?

It is on my N5....amazing. I have 4 ROMs currently on it.

Personally, I think a lot prefer stock....tho I guess with multirom they may try other things and keep stock as their main ROM.


So its not possible for one of the devs of the moto x to port it themselves with his help???
2nd July 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #4  
Verttex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 115
 
253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjumani

So its not possible for one of the devs of the moto x to port it themselves with his help???

Most of the devices that we use here are Bootloader locked, and would not allow flashing. As for the devs of the device, Motorola, I don't think they support the rooting scene as much as say someone like Oppo does.
2nd July 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 78
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dier325

Most of the devices that we use here are Bootloader locked, and would not allow flashing. As for the devs of the device, Motorola, I don't think they support the rooting scene as much as say someone like Oppo does.

Thanks and I've been reading up on safestrap. Can you flash custom roms using that on another system??
2nd July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #6  
Verttex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 115
 
253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjumani

Thanks and I've been reading up on safestrap. Can you flash custom roms using that on another system??

I am not the person to ask. I use a locked boot loader device. Sorry :/

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd July 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 78
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dier325

I am not the person to ask. I use a locked boot loader device. Sorry :/

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It says its for locked bootloaders too
3rd July 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Davisville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjumani

Thanks and I've been reading up on safestrap. Can you flash custom roms using that on another system??

Even if you safestrap you can't flash kernals(so you can't have anything like CM11, PAC, etc) only Stock based roms will work.

Stock roms:
Eclipse:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-blur-t2521509

Krypton:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-2014-t2716657
The Following User Says Thank You to Biom4st3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #9  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,103
 
10,194 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I'm not sure safestrap will work if you're already on 4.4.2 or higher.

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
multirom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank