Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nandroid of 4.4.2 wanted

Tip us?

Ctrl-Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetersen2791 View Post
Those are all Verizon Radio's. Do you think I can grab the ATT version 4.4 radio and manually flash? I have that sbf available. Or will the Verizon work in an ATT xt1058
Sorry. I wasn't telling you to get that rom or the Verizon radio, I was pointing out that a factory reset in TWRP may help with the radio issue.

Quote:
Long story, but I lost my /system folder on my stock Att xt1058 running 4.4.2.
So I am guessing that you took the OTA to originally get to 4.4.2. You should already be running that modem. If that is true, I would not change it.

cpetersen2791
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl-Freak View Post
So I am guessing that you took the OTA to originally get to 4.4.2. You should already be running that modem. If that is true, I would not change it.
I factory reset prior to installing, should i wipe /system as well? I am running AOSP roms (PAC) now, and there is no problem with the radio.

I took the OTA, so I dunno what the radio problem would be. Wifi wouldn't turn on either, so i dunno if it's just a radio issue.

i am fortunate to be unlocked bootloader, so i got a copy of the GPE xt1053 posted here as well, and it appears it will work. I think i am gonna try to flash that, then your files w/o a wipe. How does that sound? Unless you got other ideas.

Ctrl-Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetersen2791 View Post
I factory reset prior to installing, should i wipe /system as well? I am running AOSP roms (PAC) now, and there is no problem with the radio.

I took the OTA, so I dunno what the radio problem would be. Wifi wouldn't turn on either, so i dunno if it's just a radio issue.

i am fortunate to be unlocked bootloader, so i got a copy of the GPE xt1053 posted here as well, and it appears it will work. I think i am gonna try to flash that, then your files w/o a wipe. How does that sound? Unless you got other ideas.
I do not fully understand the radio/wifi issue, so all of my ideas would be trial and error. Give your plan a go and let us know. I would love to know what causes this issue, as a solution should help us using safestrap.

cpetersen2791
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Another thought. Maybe I have to flash the radio, even though I haven't changed. Kind of like flashing the boot.img. I haven't changed that either, but it had to be flashed to boot.

Do you know where I can grab the radio IMG? Can't seem to find it around.

I supposed I can pull it from Att 4.4 sbf. Which files tho, just the Non-hlos.bin file? I don't have the xml here @ the office so I don't know what to look for.

Thanks again for your help

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

cpetersen2791
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl-Freak View Post
I do not fully understand the radio/wifi issue, so all of my ideas would be trial and error. Give your plan a go and let us know. I would love to know what causes this issue, as a solution should help us using safestrap.
Found this...

it's OS 4.4 (140.44.5), will that run into the brick issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	modem photo.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	2700401  

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more