Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get native tether to work, even with root

Tip us?

FSXv13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Can't get native tether to work, even with root

Hi, I am getting desperate here.

I have an unlocked and rooted dev edition verizon wireless moto x.

I have followed the instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443562

Using that apk I cannot get wireless tether to work, can anyone help me to figure this out?

I have followed the instruction in that thread and it has never worked. Entitlements has always crashed.

I did my own thing where I left the odex in, only renamed the apk in priv-app, and then substituted in the modified apk. This worked for a month before entitlements started crashing.

I just tried the latest suggestion in the thread linked above as well and still entitlements crashes. (rename the odex and apk in priv-app, put in the modified apk, adjust the rights, copy to app, reboot).

I'm doing this all through ES explorer with root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entitlement.png
Views:	326
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	2522307   Click image for larger version

Name:	entitlements2.png
Views:	316
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2522308  

NPOA556
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSXv13 View Post

I have followed the instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443562

Using that apk I cannot get wireless tether to work, can anyone help me to figure this out?
Do you have Xposed installed? If so, just install the "Moto Tether" module. I did it last night on my unlocked, rooted, DE VZW Moto X, and it works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to NPOA556 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FSXv13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPOA556 View Post
Do you have Xposed installed? If so, just install the "Moto Tether" module. I did it last night on my unlocked, rooted, DE VZW Moto X, and it works great.
You sir, are a god damn GENIUS!

I still kind of wish I had been able to figure it out myself though, but I will take this win and run with it!

NPOA556
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
You sir, are a god damn GENIUS!

I still kind of wish I had been able to figure it out myself though, but I will take this win and run with it!
Ha ha! While I'm always happy to accept a compliment, I can't take any credit for it. Go thank this guy:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601859

Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:

I have followed the instruction in that thread and it has never worked. Entitlements has always crashed.

I did my own thing where I left the odex in, only renamed the apk in priv-app, and then substituted in the modified apk. This worked for a month before entitlements started crashing.

I just tried the latest suggestion in the thread linked above as well and still entitlements crashes. (rename the odex and apk in priv-app, put in the modified apk, adjust the rights, copy to app, reboot).

I'm doing this all through ES explorer with root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
if you saw my latest reply, i never said that I renamed the files, which is where I think you were having the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
i didn't rename the original files. maybe that's the trick?? i simply copied the new ones on top of the old ones. also, leave .odex in the priv-app folder alone. DON'T copy it to the app folder.

screenshots. note the dates:

glad to hear you got it working, though.

FSXv13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
if you saw my latest reply, i never said that I renamed the files, which is where I think you were having the problem.

glad to hear you got it working, though.
Thanks to both.

I did see you copied over the old files but I am not that brazen... I also didn't copy the .odex into app

jpd_
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPOA556 View Post
Does this work for the T-mobile variant?