[Q] Native tethering on VZW Non dev Moto X - rooted

OP tluley51

9th January 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

130 posts
I have tried CJ's method, but I keep losing it and the subscription check takes over again. I cannot do the write protection hack (if that has anything to do with this, not sure) because the script fails when searching for ADB for whatever reason and I use ADB all the time.

I just want to be able to tether with my unlimited data. Any ideas?
9th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

488 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluley51

I have tried CJ's method, but I keep losing it and the subscription check takes over again. I cannot do the write protection hack (if that has anything to do with this, not sure) because the script fails when searching for ADB for whatever reason and I use ADB all the time.

I just want to be able to tether with my unlimited data. Any ideas?

i was able to successfully pull framework-res.apk and take out the entitlement check, but i ran into problems recompiling it so i'm not comfortable posting it yet until those are resolved. the method for doing it is out there (on this forum actually somewhere but i don't have the link in front of me), but i ran into a few things. here's the post i made about trying to resolve those issues...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...89&postcount=7

everything SEEMS to work so far, including native tethering without the entitlement check (knock on wood), but i haven't gotten to give it any real good testing and the framework file is about 3mb smaller than the original. not sure if that's good, bad or indifferent...
9th January 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

130 posts
If you go into the bootloader, volume down to recovery, press volume up to select it, Android will reboot without write protection enabled and THEN do CJ's method, it works!! Courtesy of Coderedpl
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread