Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Retail Moto X with Verizon, Internet Working, Texting Working, No Calling

Tip us?

halfprice06
Old
(Last edited by halfprice06; 12th March 2014 at 04:55 PM.) Reason: missing info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Retail Moto X with Verizon, Internet Working, Texting Working, No Calling

I have a retail verizon Moto X that I purchased from a friend. The calling does not work. It says "Mobile Network Not Available". The friend was using it on T-Mobile, I don't know if somehow the radio settings for the phone got internally changed when he did the 4.4.2 update. I've factory reset the phone several times, got a new sim card, trouble shouted with Verizon.

Why is the data and texting working, but the calling is not?!!

Driving me crazy.

Please advise!!!!

Edit* To make sure I'm clear, I'm trying to use the phone with Verizon, my friend was using with T-Mobile.

SonicJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 62
It sounds like the CDMA radio is not working.

lovepreet39
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice06 View Post
I have a retail verizon Moto X that I purchased from a friend. The calling does not work. It says "Mobile Network Not Available". The friend was using it on T-Mobile, I don't know if somehow the radio settings for the phone got internally changed when he did the 4.4.2 update. I've factory reset the phone several times, got a new sim card, trouble shouted with Verizon.

Driving me crazy.

Please advise!!!!
Same happening with me
PM me your e- mail.
and look here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...error-t2679289

halfprice06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicJoe View Post
It sounds like the CDMA radio is not working.
So do you think it is physically defective?

When I bought the phone off of him it was basically brand new in the box. He had used it less then a week. Not sure where he bought it but the IMEI was clean.

Is there anyway to reset the CDMA settings or anything like that?

unsivil_audio
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
Did you call verizon and register the phone with them? I'm curious, don't Verizon/Sprint/RW phones have an ESN in addition to an IMEI for their CDMA radio?

Moto X (1053) -
Stock, retired Nexus 5 - Carbon'd CODEBLUE, Galaxy Note 8.0 - Carbon'd KK, Nexus 4 - Stock, retired
Nook HD+,Motorola Atrix 2, HTC Aria, Nook Color,HP Touchpad, Nexus 7 16gb - Sold

jwthompson
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Our imei can be backed up and flashed..only use once every thing is OK...I've used this several times with the mobile network not available problem and it fixes it...I would suggest sbf http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514095

Do not flash this if your already having problems

Sent from my xt1060vzwDE

lovepreet39
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice06 View Post

Driving me crazy.

Please advise!!!!

Edit* To make sure I'm clear, I'm trying to use the phone with Verizon, my friend was using with T-Mobile.
if you want to use it on verizon, then buy out a new verizon sim
and please check phone is not related to any older verizon account.
CDMA use MEID/ESN
GSM use IMEI.

If you are trying to use it on a CDMA network, then i do not know what is happening, because my one is not working with GSM, but working with CDMA

halfprice06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsivil_audio View Post
Did you call verizon and register the phone with them? I'm curious, don't Verizon/Sprint/RW phones have an ESN in addition to an IMEI for their CDMA radio?
Yes, I called verizon and gave them the MEID. In the system settings the the IMEI and MEID are exactly the same except the IMEI has one extra digit at the end (it's a 4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepreet39 View Post
if you want to use it on verizon, then buy out a new verizon sim
and please check phone is not related to any older verizon account.
CDMA use MEID/ESN
GSM use IMEI.

If you are trying to use it on a CDMA network, then i do not know what is happening, because my one is not working with GSM, but working with CDMA
I have already got a new sim, and the phone is not related to any older verizon account.

When I run the CQATest and choose the sim card test, I get an error that says the Phone ICCID doesn't compare with the SIM ICCID.

The phone ICCID is completely different front the SIM ICCID. The SIM ICCID is the actual number on the sim card. Could this be related?!

toastedoats
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same issue after a friend of mine used my VZW MotoX on TMobile.
He upgraded from 4.4 to 4.4.2 while he had it running on TMo. I think that the update applied GSM Radio firmware and not the VZW/CDMA firmware and "broke" the radio.

After .sbf back to VZW stock everything works great