Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Opinion on Moto X vs Galaxy Grand 2

Tip us?

anuj247
Old
(Last edited by anuj247; 30th April 2014 at 10:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Opinion on Moto X vs Galaxy Grand 2

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question on, so forgive me if I'm making a mistake.

I am debating between buying the Moto X and Grand 2.

I use my phone to read ebooks, to take videos and pictures and to browse the internet plus I use it for work emails, whatsapp, etc.

Both phones are in the same price range.

Based on my requirements of video shooting reading ebooks, etc, which is a better phone for me?

I ask because some reviews I read said that the Moto X has a very very bad camera. I'm also debating just waiting till the end of summer for the Moto X2 or X+1 whatever it's called.

What do y'all think?

Option 1: Moto X
Option 2: Grand 2
Option 3: Wait for Moto X2 / X+1
Option 4: ???

Wutang200
Old
Thanks Meter 33
See the thread below to see the kinds of pictures the Moto X camera can take. I wouldn't say it's terrible but not great either, kind of in between.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...oto-x-t2405312

For me, I'm not too focused on picture quality so the Moto X camera is fine.

If you're after something that takes great photos then you might want to look at Sony or even Nokia. For eBook reading, I'd be looking at a big display size of 5 inches minimum.

I'm not too keen on Samsungs due to the rubbish Touchwiz software that comes pre-installed. Not sure about their camera quality either.
iPhone 4-->Nexus 4-->Nexus 5-->Moto X (XT1052)
Nissan 200SX/Silvia Tuning Guide
The Following User Says Thank You to Wutang200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anuj247
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200 View Post
See the thread below to see the kinds of pictures the Moto X camera can take. I wouldn't say it's terrible but not great either, kind of in between.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...oto-x-t2405312

For me, I'm not too focused on picture quality so the Moto X camera is fine.
Gotcha, thank you.

Quote:
If you're after something that takes great photos then you might want to look at Sony or even Nokia. For eBook reading, I'd be looking at a big display size of 5 inches minimum.
Yes, I am currently using a 5 inch screen phone and I want that big screen for sure. I don't think there's any Sony phone out there in the same price range. I don't want to consider Nokia because I want to stick to Android.

Quote:
I'm not too keen on Samsungs due to the rubbish Touchwiz software that comes pre-installed. Not sure about their camera quality either.
This has been my issue with Samsung as well. I had the Galaxy S1 back in the day (lol) and I don't want to go through Touchwiz again.
Tags
galaxy grand 2, moto x