5,594,221 Members 45,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Have a nexus 4, should i upgrade to moto x?

Tip us?

newtonfb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Have a nexus 4, should i upgrade to moto x?

I actually have a nexus 5 but my gf has a nexus 4, (my old one). I got the promo code for the X (150 off) that i havent used yet. I am curious if I should upgrade her nexus 4 to the moto x for christmas. It doesnt seem like its really an upgrade cept for a few small things. With the moto x also being 350 after the rebate i am wondering if I should just wait and order her a nexus 5.

I am hoping someone that has used the n4 and moto x can shed some light and your thoughts. Thanks!

bongostl
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb View Post
I actually have a nexus 5 but my gf has a nexus 4, (my old one). I got the promo code for the X (150 off) that i havent used yet. I am curious if I should upgrade her nexus 4 to the moto x for christmas. It doesnt seem like its really an upgrade cept for a few small things. With the moto x also being 350 after the rebate i am wondering if I should just wait and order her a nexus 5.

I am hoping someone that has used the n4 and moto x can shed some light and your thoughts. Thanks!
I just did exactly this switch...and I'm really glad.
Thankful for my help? Here's my favorite charity. Make a donation: http://ajws.org/
My Phones: N1>G2>MT4g>NS>G2X>Sensation>GS2(t989)>GN>N4>Moto X
Carrier: Net10--$45/m for Unlimited Calls/SMS + 2.5GB

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1601
Nexus devices cut a few corners to make them the prices they are. The moto X is an extremely well made phone... The only thing anyone could complain about as far as I see is no SD card slot.

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone...

newtonfb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks guys

freeintruth
Old
Thanks Meter 111
The second thing to complain is the camera quality not just shooting quality, but also I have to install a 3rd party app to get the Photo Sphere function.

I also had a N4...once I used touchless control, impossible to return to N4.
Get 2G Dropbox for free: http://db.tt/QAJqGv3k...help me help you

enriqrez
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have a nexus 5, gave my boyfriend my nexus 4, and bought a Dev Edition Moto x on cyber monday. I have been using it all day and i'm loving it so far. I'm going to test drive it for a week. At the end of the week i have to decide if i want to sell this Moto X or My Nexus 5.

While with the nexus 5 for a month, I felt that it was too big sometimes, i had to shift it in my hand all the time to reach the top of the screen. I loved the 4.7 inch screen on my nexus 4. IMO its the perfect size screen for the size of my hands. I'd say i have medium sized hands.