Views:	76
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2542887  
27th January 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #52  
OP Senior Member
Sharpsburg, GA
Thanks Meter: 280

1,099 posts
Got my code and got my order in ... Thanks to all that contributed to this thread and provided their thoughts/input!! See you on the other side
27th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #53  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,848

13,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth

Got my code and got my order in ... Thanks to all that contributed to this thread and provided their thoughts/input!! See you on the other side

Hahahaha.......we were all fooling you! We all hate the X and are returning them. You're gonna be the only dude left with one! We got you good!

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #54  
OP Senior Member
Sharpsburg, GA

1,099 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Hahahaha.......we were all fooling you! We all hate the X and are returning them. You're gonna be the only dude left with one! We got you good!

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

LMFAO!! That's great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 252

600 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth

Anyone have the developer edition of the X? Looking at the development thread I don't really see the benefit of getting it ... don't get me wrong, I appreciate what these devs on XDA do, but I don't see very many ROMs available for the X. I've seen several folks mention how they don't feel the need to root/ROM the X, so I'm assuming that's why.

Trying to decide if I should go the developer edition/unlocked route or the Moto Maker/customized route (and just root)

Note 3 .... that is all!!

Most people who get the X just root it, install Xposed and GravityBox, and never consider custom ROMs. Xposed gives you all the benefits of custom ROMs, without giving up any of the exclusive features of the X.

There are a couple of custom ROMs available, though.

I'm currently deciding between an X and a G2 to replace my broken Optimus G. So far, leaning toward the X, mainly for the OLED screen as I prefer dark themes and reading ebooks at night, both which play to OLED's strengths. Haven't read much in the way of negatives for the X, but have about the Canadian G2.

It's too bad we don't benefit from any of the sales that keep happening in the States.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
Last edited by phoenix_rizzen; 28th January 2014 at 10:23 PM.
28th January 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #56  
OP Senior Member
Sharpsburg, GA

1,099 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen

Most people who get the X just root it, install Xposed and GravityBox, and never consider custom ROMs. Xposed gives you all the benefits of custom ROMs, without giving up any of the exclusive features of the X.

There are a couple of custom ROMs available, though.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input ...

I went ahead and grabbed the Dev Edition during yesterday's promo ... After customizing a wood backed 32GB and seeing it in the cart at the same price as the dev edition, I figured might as well and go the unlockable bootloader route. I'm a path of least resistance type of guy And while I probably won't ROM, I know I'll root ... and the dev edition also gives me the opportunity to flash custom kernels (is any exist LOL - haven't looked at the development for the X too much yet).

Note 3 .... that is all!!
29th January 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 131

703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen

All of the same mods without any of the instability of a custom ROM. GravityBox by itself will provide a big majority of users the mods they want. Xposed is steadily improving and growing in popularity while the Moto X userbase continues to increase so the sky is the limit in terms of possibilities and potential.

This is the first device I haven't wanted to immediately get a custom ROM on. Moto got nearly everything about this phone right. I'm hoping they can get the camera to perform up to its potential though. Seems that the software is holding the hardware back there.

The Following User Says Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread