Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Occasional reboot after camera use

Tip us?

astroh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Occasional reboot after camera use

Has anyone else experienced a reboot after camera use? It doesn't happen all the time for me, but it's regular enough that I'm pretty certain that I can pin it to my camera. I'll take the phone out of my pocket, take a photo, quit out of the camera app, and when I pull my phone out of my pocket later, it's either off or it's rebooted itself. The battery is fine when it restarts, and it doesn't seem to happen immediately. This also seems to happen no matter how I activate the camera or how/whether I quit the app or return to the home screen when I'm done. If my GSam graph is accurate, it doesn't look like it's linked to high temperature, either. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any ideas?

I'm on a t-mobile Moto X, btw, unrooted and running Nova launcher on 4.4.2.

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Never heard of this issue on the x. If you wanna get drastic try a factory reset or at least clearing the data for your camera app.

Could contact about a replacement too.

Sent from my DE Moto X
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2