Default [Q] Odd volume behavior

Hello fellow XDA members,

I have noticed a little something that's strange on my Moto X- 1052 - Non-rooted running 4.4.2 and would like to know if anyone else faces the same problem .

While playing music using an app like Poweramp/Player Pro on the external speaker, I found that if the volume was turned up to the max limit , then over a period of a few seconds, the speaker would crackle and the volume would automatically decrease . However, if the volume was then turned down by two steps and set back to max, it would go back to being loud (only for a few more seconds) .

Contacting customer care,they said that I would need to do a factory reset or visit an authorized service center to solve the issue. So, bada bing , one factory reset done and everything worked as it should UNTIL I reinstalled poweramp.

Now, the odd thing was that as long as Poweramp was installed , even other apps such as MX player and Youtube suffered the same sudden volume decrease . I've tried changing the audio focus, audio priority and the Direct volume control , but none of the options worked .
Now, I've uninstalled the app but PURELY as a curious soul, I'd like to know why a 3rd part app would affect the audio settings of another app ??

[TLDR ? ] - Using Poweramp and PlayerPro caused speaker distortion crackling and volume decrease even in default settings and this pervaded into every other audio app . Can you please help me understand why ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------