XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odex/Deodex Flashing Question

Tip us?

sasokutenshin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Odex/Deodex Flashing Question

Ok. I'm currently stock 4.4 (Sprint) rooted with the latest TWRP recovery. The stock ROM is, of course, odexed. I've never messed with odexed ROMs before, since I've always just stuck with AOSP type ROMs. I've found a few cool inverted 4.4 apps (i.e. MMS.apk) and I'm wondering if there is a way to flash a typical deodexed app onto an odexed ROM like this? Maybe by deleting both the MMS.apk and odex file before flashing? Thanks for any help.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasokutenshin View Post
Ok. I'm currently stock 4.4 (Sprint) rooted with the latest TWRP recovery. The stock ROM is, of course, odexed. I've never messed with odexed ROMs before, since I've always just stuck with AOSP type ROMs. I've found a few cool inverted 4.4 apps (i.e. MMS.apk) and I'm wondering if there is a way to flash a typical deodexed app onto an odexed ROM like this? Maybe by deleting both the MMS.apk and odex file before flashing? Thanks for any help.
You got it, just delete or rename both the apk and the odex file and manually install the apk, change permissions and reboot

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]