Battery issues

OP abayer94

3rd July 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello! Yesterday i downloaded Gsam APP to see my battery life and how long it lasts. My results were really bad. The consumption was around 7-8% hour, and I use the phone way more than yesterday..
Those are the screenshots of gsam:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404397807117.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2830643

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404397832794.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	2830644

Is there any solution? I really need this battery to last way more than this.
My moto x is not rooted, should I root it? My version is 4.4.3.

Cheers
4th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,073

10,131 posts
More
First, I noticed the moto x drains real good when on calls, more than my N5. So you need to keep in mind according to gsam, 25 percent of your battery drain was the phone calls. That's huge!

Also, you have almost 3 hours of held awake time....and I'm pretty sure if you click the drop down in gsam app screen, you can't check the held awake time or times waking device, cause you're not rooted.

And, you have Bluetooth on the entire time, and location services and Google now I'm betting? Those will take a chuck of battery life also.

Lastly, 22 percent of your drain was screen. Auto brightness? Were you in bright areas a lot? When the screen is bright, it will drain fast too.

So, all that said....I'd say your battery times are about right. Getting better times will take some tweaking and sacrifice of conveniences.....and getting used to toggling features on and off....instead of always on.

Check out post number 2 in this thread....its our battery life help thread now in the N5 section. But pretty much all the info in post number 2 applies to about any device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785128

Of course, you're going to be limited by not being rooted....so some things you can't do....but most you can. Or at least you can read up about it.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread