Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OK Google Now, help me report some Moto X bugs

Tip us?

rioachim
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default OK Google Now, help me report some Moto X bugs

Hello. I have encountered the following bugs on Moto X (System version: 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU), even after reset, and Motorola will only let me fill out a bug report if someone else has them. Please someone confirm/infirm:

1. Touchless Control (v.4.3.11.1) bug: make sure you enable in Touchless Control settings "Commands while locked" and "Auto speakerphone". Let phone on table and say call [wife, friend, etc]. I noticed that speakerphone does not get enabled, not even ofter the other person answers. I did not try yet while in Driving mode.

2. Motorola Connect (v.1.1.11 / Chrome extension version 1.0.39 / Chrome version 34.0.1847.116 m) bug: I am able to login into the web extension dialog, but connection to the phone fails. If I enter Settings->Motorola Connect, the Chrome extension will partially connect, displaying only empty Messages and Recent Calls tabs.

3. Motorola Lost Device service returns "Not Supported: This feature is not supported for your device") but Android Device Manager has no ptoblem in finding phone (https://motorola-global-portal.custh...9887#/how_do_i)

Jason.DROID
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
Hello. I have encountered the following bugs on Moto X (System version: 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU), even after reset, and Motorola will only let me fill out a bug report if someone else has them. Please someone confirm/infirm:

1. Touchless Control (v.4.3.11.1) bug: make sure you enable in Touchless Control settings "Commands while locked" and "Auto speakerphone". Let phone on table and say call [wife, friend, etc]. I noticed that speakerphone does not get enabled, not even ofter the other person answers. I did not try yet while in Driving mode.

2. Motorola Connect (v.1.1.11 / Chrome extension version 1.0.39 / Chrome version 34.0.1847.116 m) bug: I am able to login into the web extension dialog, but connection to the phone fails. If I enter Settings->Motorola Connect, the Chrome extension will partially connect, displaying only empty Messages and Recent Calls tabs.

3. Motorola Lost Device service returns "Not Supported: This feature is not supported for your device") but Android Device Manager has no ptoblem in finding phone (https://motorola-global-portal.custh...9887#/how_do_i)
You can report 1 and 2 via playstor at motorola.com (use the usual email address format ... I don't want bots sending them spam).

They usually want a specific description of the problem and a full device bug report (available in Developer Options). Use the affected app name in the subject line, like " Touchless Control speakerphone bug" or something.

rioachim
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Thank you, I will do that. It would help if any user will try to replicate some of the bugs (even just one of them). I don't want to send bug reports if nobody else has this issue.