5,594,282 Members 43,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any one else with a "rattly" haptic feedback?

Tip us?

chrisyou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Any one else with a "rattly" haptic feedback?

I can't stand the haptic feedback on this phone especially in a quiet room. The vibration is more like a rattle and it doesn't matter how I set it. Is there a mod to turn off ALL haptic feedback? Any one else have issues with a rattle near the top of the phone with haptic feedback on? I almost want to go back to my note II.

cipsaz
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You mean the rattly vibration on the keyboard?

v3rn
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I did on my weave black moto x. But I just got my motomaker one and it doesn't rattle like my other one. Its much better

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

johnny grep
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yeah mine has a noisy vibrator too. 1st batch that came out...

Sent from my Moto X

RyanTX
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Mine is somewhat rattly and I got my DE during the cyber Monday sale.

Moto X using Tapatalk

Phone: VZW Moto X DE
Nexus 7 FHD

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
My only complaint about the phone. I have vibration disabled across the board but it still vibrates when unlocking through active notifications and it annoys the crap out of me. I've gotten used to it, but I wish I didn't have to. I have a launch day motomaker 32gb. My Nexus 5 has awesome haptic feedback, completely silent but strong enough to feel it when you need to. I wish that's how the X was.
\m/(-_-)\m/

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
My only complaint about the phone. I have vibration disabled across the board but it still vibrates when unlocking through active notifications and it annoys the crap out of me. I've gotten used to it, but I wish I didn't have to. I have a launch day motomaker 32gb. My Nexus 5 has awesome haptic feedback, completely silent but strong enough to feel it when you need to. I wish that's how the X was.
You must have gotten lucky with your N5. Most people have a problem with the vibration motor. But yeah, I know what you mean by that. The N4 was the same way. As well as most other LG phones.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
You must have gotten lucky with your N5. Most people have a problem with the vibration motor. But yeah, I know what you mean by that. The N4 was the same way. As well as most other LG phones.
I got real lucky with it, not a single defect that other people complain about. No dead pixels, literally zero light bleed, tight buttons, pretty good battery life, and awesome vibration. I never get perfect phones, they always have some sort of annoying defect. It's nice for a change lol
\m/(-_-)\m/

Deenybird
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My haptic is rattly as well. I don't think it is a defect, just a different implementation from what I am used to. I am coming from a GS3 and the haptic was much more subtle. I wish it could be changed, but I'm dealing with it ok.
Moto X AT&T

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Yeah, since they released the new revision of the N5(bigger speaker holes and fixed buttons), I think I might just buy one.