OP mr4r4n

4th April 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 183

620 posts
Donate to Me
More
i just got my motomaker X that thankfully was still running 4.4,from what i was reading (and correct me if im wrong) i needed to RSD back to 4.2.2 to start the root process? and if i have to go all the way back can i use the safestrap 4.4.2 with the kernel and radio zip straight from 4.2.2?
5th April 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #2  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4r4n

i just got my motomaker X that thankfully was still running 4.4,from what i was reading (and correct me if im wrong) i needed to RSD back to 4.2.2 to start the root process? and if i have to go all the way back can i use the safestrap 4.4.2 with the kernel and radio zip straight from 4.2.2?

The answer lies within this link!!!
5th April 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 238

571 posts
More
Quote:

well that link is to every guide you would need to get your phone rooted.
but here are a couple question i need you to answer and i can point you in a better direction

1.what Carrier is your device on
2. is your device a Dev Edition or no

answer these questions for me and i will point you to the guide you need to use

here is also some other basic info you may want to know.

if you device is a non Developer edition then you will only be able to root up to 4.4 as of right now the only way to root 4.4.2 is with a device with its bootloader unlocked. the only way to unlock a devices bootloader is for it to be a developer edition or with a carrier that allows the devices bootloader to be unlocked.

hope all this information helps you and i will be waiting for you to answer my questions so i can point you in the right direction.
5th April 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

620 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its a non developer edition moto maker x VZW , I'm actually had issues with rooting it, but finally got it under 4.2.2 and was also having issues because I was using my work computer, and unfortunately that is the only computer I have access to that works, I saw on the rootzwiki that there is a safestrap version of 4.4.2 and it has the kernel and radio to flash and I was hoping I'd be able to do a jump to that

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Last edited by mr4r4n; 5th April 2014 at 05:48 AM.
5th April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 959

2,279 posts
More
I haven't done the RockMyMoto/MotoWpNoMo processes on the locked bootloader X. There were some threads where some had written up the process with their tips and hints inline.. You might want to try and follow one of them if you've had issues. Just be sure to NOT install the 4.4.2 OTA on your phone in the process!!

If you ultimately need help getting to rooted 4.4 w/Safestrap 4.4.2, you'll probably want to have a thread title that is better suited to it.

For rooting you'll usually get pointed to one of the many threads on rooting via SlapMyMoto, but for safestrap with 4.4.2, I've only seen posts/links back to rootzwiki.com, so you might want to check over there.
5th April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #6  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

467 posts
More
@mr4r4n @dray_jr The link is to the guide that shows how to get to 4.2.2 way more than just rooting in that post. Then after you get there you would need follow @KidJoe advice.
5th April 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 238

571 posts
More
as of right now you cant root 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader device. so if you want to keep root you will have to stay at 4.4
6th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

620 posts
Donate to Me
More
I managed to install a safe strap version of 4.4.2 and kernel/ radio files so far without having to have had gone through 4.4 only issue is getting busy box going

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #9  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,878

13,437 posts
More
Quote:

I managed to install a safe strap version of 4.4.2 and kernel/ radio files so far without having to have had gone through 4.4 only issue is getting busy box going

But on 4.4.2 you will have write protection enabled....so if you hard reboot or power down, all changes you made will be gone.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
6th April 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

620 posts
Donate to Me
More
Even the safe strapped version ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread