Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 to 4.4.2

Tip us?

mr4r4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Default 4.2.2 to 4.4.2

i just got my motomaker X that thankfully was still running 4.4,from what i was reading (and correct me if im wrong) i needed to RSD back to 4.2.2 to start the root process? and if i have to go all the way back can i use the safestrap 4.4.2 with the kernel and radio zip straight from 4.2.2?
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4r4n View Post
i just got my motomaker X that thankfully was still running 4.4,from what i was reading (and correct me if im wrong) i needed to RSD back to 4.2.2 to start the root process? and if i have to go all the way back can i use the safestrap 4.4.2 with the kernel and radio zip straight from 4.2.2?
The answer lies within this link!!!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
well that link is to every guide you would need to get your phone rooted.
but here are a couple question i need you to answer and i can point you in a better direction

1.what Carrier is your device on
2. is your device a Dev Edition or no

answer these questions for me and i will point you to the guide you need to use

here is also some other basic info you may want to know.

if you device is a non Developer edition then you will only be able to root up to 4.4 as of right now the only way to root 4.4.2 is with a device with its bootloader unlocked. the only way to unlock a devices bootloader is for it to be a developer edition or with a carrier that allows the devices bootloader to be unlocked.

hope all this information helps you and i will be waiting for you to answer my questions so i can point you in the right direction.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

mr4r4n
Old
(Last edited by mr4r4n; 5th April 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Its a non developer edition moto maker x VZW , I'm actually had issues with rooting it, but finally got it under 4.2.2 and was also having issues because I was using my work computer, and unfortunately that is the only computer I have access to that works, I saw on the rootzwiki that there is a safestrap version of 4.4.2 and it has the kernel and radio to flash and I was hoping I'd be able to do a jump to that

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 654
I haven't done the RockMyMoto/MotoWpNoMo processes on the locked bootloader X. There were some threads where some had written up the process with their tips and hints inline.. You might want to try and follow one of them if you've had issues. Just be sure to NOT install the 4.4.2 OTA on your phone in the process!!

If you ultimately need help getting to rooted 4.4 w/Safestrap 4.4.2, you'll probably want to have a thread title that is better suited to it.

For rooting you'll usually get pointed to one of the many threads on rooting via SlapMyMoto, but for safestrap with 4.4.2, I've only seen posts/links back to rootzwiki.com, so you might want to check over there.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 64
@mr4r4n @dray_jr The link is to the guide that shows how to get to 4.2.2 way more than just rooting in that post. Then after you get there you would need follow @KidJoe advice.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 197
as of right now you cant root 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader device. so if you want to keep root you will have to stay at 4.4
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

mr4r4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
I managed to install a safe strap version of 4.4.2 and kernel/ radio files so far without having to have had gone through 4.4 only issue is getting busy box going

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2825
Quote:
I managed to install a safe strap version of 4.4.2 and kernel/ radio files so far without having to have had gone through 4.4 only issue is getting busy box going

But on 4.4.2 you will have write protection enabled....so if you hard reboot or power down, all changes you made will be gone.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

mr4r4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Even the safe strapped version ?