Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA'S with root possible?

Tip us?

emmanueldmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Question OTA'S with root possible?

Well it is a simple question, you can install the ota's moto x with root? or at least know when there's a new version? I just rooting my moto x with android 4.4 tmobile, and that definitely emerged ...
Buy me a beer

shane1
Old
Thanks Meter 73
As long as everything is returned to stock like frozen or deleted apps restored yes you can. If you do take an update while rooted its more than likely you will loose root or at least the ability to if you have to rsd at some point. If you enjoy root your best bet is to wait for a developer to take the positives from the update and put them into a ROM to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to shane1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emmanueldmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1 View Post
As long as everything is returned to stock like frozen or deleted apps restored yes you can. If you do take an update while rooted its more than likely you will loose root or at least the ability to if you have to rsd at some point. If you enjoy root your best bet is to wait for a developer to take the positives from the update and put them into a ROM to flash.
I knew that those mistakes do happen, upgrade various errors if accepted, my only question is whether taking root on phone receives notification of a new update? ... only to know when a new version comes out.

Sorry for my bad english
Buy me a beer

emmanueldmc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanueldmc View Post
I knew that those mistakes do happen, upgrade various errors if accepted, my only question is whether taking root on phone receives notification of a new update? ... only to know when a new version comes out.

Sorry for my bad english

ANY??
Buy me a beer

shkrmkr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanueldmc View Post
ANY??
if all you did was root, you should still get notification if there is an update available for your model