OP emmanueldmc

6th January 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 46

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well it is a simple question, you can install the ota's moto x with root? or at least know when there's a new version? I just rooting my moto x with android 4.4 tmobile, and that definitely emerged ...
6th January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

248 posts
As long as everything is returned to stock like frozen or deleted apps restored yes you can. If you do take an update while rooted its more than likely you will loose root or at least the ability to if you have to rsd at some point. If you enjoy root your best bet is to wait for a developer to take the positives from the update and put them into a ROM to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to shane1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1

As long as everything is returned to stock like frozen or deleted apps restored yes you can. If you do take an update while rooted its more than likely you will loose root or at least the ability to if you have to rsd at some point. If you enjoy root your best bet is to wait for a developer to take the positives from the update and put them into a ROM to flash.

I knew that those mistakes do happen, upgrade various errors if accepted, my only question is whether taking root on phone receives notification of a new update? ... only to know when a new version comes out.

Sorry for my bad english
8th January 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Distrito Federal

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanueldmc

I knew that those mistakes do happen, upgrade various errors if accepted, my only question is whether taking root on phone receives notification of a new update? ... only to know when a new version comes out.

Sorry for my bad english

ANY??
8th January 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Champaign, IL
Thanks Meter: 10

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanueldmc

ANY??

if all you did was root, you should still get notification if there is an update available for your model
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread