Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 54,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] overall slowing of OS responsiveness over time

Tip us?
 
lifetechnician
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] overall slowing of OS responsiveness over time

Has anyone else noticed that their Moto X doesn't seem as "snappy" as it used to? It feels like I'm waiting a lot longer for the camera to open and take a picture, it takes several seconds to attach a photo to a message using Hangouts, SwiftKey doesn't pop up as quickly, etc. I've been running 4.4 since AT&T pushed it out. I'm considering doing a factory data reset to see if it helps speed things up, but that's a bit of a hassle so I've been holding off. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
 
KJ
Old
#2  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,316
Posts: 7,999
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Nope. Has never slowed down here.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
Schaweet
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 633
Join Date: Aug 2010
Wipe dalvik and cache and see if that helps.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X
 
mawells787
Old
#4  
mawells787's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 129
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetechnician View Post
Has anyone else noticed that their Moto X doesn't seem as "snappy" as it used to? It feels like I'm waiting a lot longer for the camera to open and take a picture, it takes several seconds to attach a photo to a message using Hangouts, SwiftKey doesn't pop up as quickly, etc. I've been running 4.4 since AT&T pushed it out. I'm considering doing a factory data reset to see if it helps speed things up, but that's a bit of a hassle so I've been holding off. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Wow! I almost made a thread about having this same issue recently. My x keep lagging and home screen scrolling was choppy and opening apps was very choppy also. I did clear cache partition and it has fixed it so far.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
lifetechnician
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaweet View Post
Wipe dalvik and cache and see if that helps.
I reset the cache, will update with results.
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#6  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 309
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
I've been using this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2132878

I think it helps out but not too sure if anyone wants to test it out. Just flash through recovery I have safestrap.
 
Ryano89
Old
#7  
Ryano89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 189
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaweet View Post
Wipe dalvik and cache and see if that helps.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X
Forgive the noob question, but can this be done if I'm not rooted? If so how? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Schaweet
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 633
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano89 View Post
Forgive the noob question, but can this be done if I'm not rooted? If so how? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Good question. I haven't had stock recovery on a device for longer than about 20 seconds so I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X
 
scottjb
Old
#9  
scottjb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 149
Posts: 860
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaweet View Post
Good question. I haven't had stock recovery on a device for longer than about 20 seconds so I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Sent from my Dev Edition Moto X
I don't remember where I found these instructions but they work for me.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume down key and Power key for 2-3 seconds until the the Boot options screen appears.
Release the keys.
Use the Volume down key to scroll to highlight Recovery.
Press the Volume up key to select.
The phone will display the Motorola logo then the Android recovery screen.
Once the Android recovery screen displays, press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds.
Quickly tap and release the Power key.
The Android recovery screen will appear.
Scroll down using the Volume down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
Use the Power key to select.
The phone will power-cycle.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes