5,601,223 Members 53,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Perpetual "System UI has stopped working" message after changing boot animation

Tip us?

indecisivewhippet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Perpetual "System UI has stopped working" message after changing boot animation

After changing the boot animation on my Moto X by using Matthew Pierces program Mbat my phone perpetually receives the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" on startup. If I select Ok the message reappears shortly and prevents me from using my phone for more than a few seconds. When I tried to revert to stock boot animation using the program, the program tells me rm failed for /data/moodle/bootanimation.zip Any help on how to fix this???? Thanks

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisivewhippet View Post
After changing the boot animation on my Moto X by using Matthew Pierces program Mbat my phone perpetually receives the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" on startup. If I select Ok the message reappears shortly and prevents me from using my phone for more than a few seconds. When I tried to revert to stock boot animation using the program, the program tells me rm failed for /data/moodle/bootanimation.zip Any help on how to fix this???? Thanks
I have some questions for you before i can help you out

What Carrier is your Moto X
Is your Bootloader unlocked
what version of Android are you on

Moving on....

OK next what ever program you used stay away from it uninstall it asap.

Next i would download this program for locked bootloaders. to change boot animations

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590034

read the Whole first post before you do anything at all. that way you know how the app works and what to do.

Next lets get you a Bootiescreen from this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417961

i know these ones work correctly.

so get everything installed and install your new BootieScreen and see if that stops the system-UI error.

If not we are going to move on to more drastic options

If you have a nandroid backup then this would be your next option if the above dose not fix your error.

if you don't have a nandroid back up then i would do a factory Reset or reinstall your firmware via RSD Lite or Bootloader/fastboot method and i know that will fix the issues.

Good luck i hope the first option fixes the issues so you dont have to start from scratch
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

indecisivewhippet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
I have some questions for you before i can help you out

What Carrier is your Moto X
Is your Bootloader unlocked
what version of Android are you on

Moving on....

OK next what ever program you used stay away from it uninstall it asap.

Next i would download this program for locked bootloaders. to change boot animations

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590034

read the Whole first post before you do anything at all. that way you know how the app works and what to do.

Next lets get you a Bootiescreen from this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417961

i know these ones work correctly.

so get everything installed and install your new BootieScreen and see if that stops the system-UI error.

If not we are going to move on to more drastic options

If you have a nandroid backup then this would be your next option if the above dose not fix your error.

if you don't have a nandroid back up then i would do a factory Reset or reinstall your firmware via RSD Lite or Bootloader/fastboot method and i know that will fix the issues.

Good luck i hope the first option fixes the issues so you dont have to start from scratch
Hello!
Thank for the really detailed response and all the help, but I just figured it out. It turns out that it was a problem with one of the modules I downloaded for the Xposed Framework. The module I downloaded wasn't compatible with my device but I didn't realize this until I rebooted my device to change the boot animation. Once I figured this out I was able to flash the Xposed-Disabler.zip and return to stock with no problems. Thanks again for all the help and I will definitely use those provided links to change my boot animation.