Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,749 Members 40,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please don't tell me I bricked it?

Tip us?

hishamomran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Please don't tell me I bricked it?

Guys, I really need help, just got my phone today and decided to root it (stupid move), I unlocked the boot loader using Motorola's online unlocker thing, got it done, flashed a custom file called (ghost-boot-new) and the phone booted fine with SuperSU and everything, but then I discovered that my wifi doesn't work anymore, try setting the toggle to on it flips back to off and the screen says "Turning Wi-Fi on.." and nothing happens.

Now I can't seem to understand how to recover back, I read you can relock your bootloader but I don't know where to find my stock image, the phone is Rogers Canada I think, 139.12.36.ghost_row.rci.en.ca is my system image.

If you can shed any light on what I can do, please help!

omias
Old
(Last edited by omias; 19th January 2014 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
rooting isn't a stupid move.

Just flash your fw version (139.12.36) http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Then... Flash twrp 2.6.3.1 recovery and chose install superSU/root option on it.

Twrp 2.6.3.1 : http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/motox/un...-ghost-4.4.img (this work on 4.2 & 4.4)

All process takes around 10 minutes

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3207
Only thing I'd change from the above is use cmw on 4.2.2.

I have the same phone and that twrp version gave me bootloops if I restored a nandroid. And I couldn't install the other twrp. Cmw works great.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

omias
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Only thing I'd change from the above is use cmw on 4.2.2.

I have the same phone and that twrp version gave me bootloops if I restored a nandroid. And I couldn't install the other twrp. Cmw works great.

I prefer twrp for the good interface design, .... And yes.... cmw if u wanna use nandroids backups :thumbup:

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3207
Just like to warn people.....the twrp restore bootloop problem led me to having to use rsd to restore. Pain in the behind. Lol

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>

Coop9
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just like to warn people.....the twrp restore bootloop problem led me to having to use rsd to restore. Pain in the behind. Lol

Are you guys using the proper TWRP version for the android version you're running? I'm using 2.6.3.1 and have no issues restoring backups of 4.4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coop9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop9 View Post
Are you guys using the proper TWRP version for the android version you're running? I'm using 2.6.3.1 and have no issues restoring backups of 4.4
Funny you say that. Nope....the 4.2.2 twrp failed the install...after many attempts. And the 4.4 one installs and works fine. But trying to do a restore boot loops you.

So I installed cwm and live with it cause it works great. Might try philz tho.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm on 4.2.2.

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 72
You're never bricked (well, maybe 99%of the time) with an unlocked bootloader.