Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with flashing

Tip us?

ANMTMS
Old
(Last edited by ANMTMS; 8th July 2014 at 06:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay, i've wanted to flash TWRP, to flash CM11, so i have root, unlocked bootloader, drivers, etc. Required for flashing but there are two problems.

---DONT MIND THIS, MY FAULT (Solved)---

With TWRP flashing:
* Whenever i try to flash it (i have the file in the adt bundle folder with the cmd window open from the directory) and write:

fastboot flash recovery [filename].img (yes, i've checked many times for typos)

I get this:

(Bootloader) variable not supported

---This is the actual problem---

With Stock flashing:

Then i tried to re-flash stock firmware in case that there were any corrupted file interrupting the process.

Flashed, but in the process, after, or while flashing system.img (All with RSD Lite), in the phone, appeared a red text line that said "sp space is not enough" and the phone took like half a minute to reboot again and everything seemed to be normal. But if i try to do any of those processes again, even if i re flash stock fw, it keeps the same.

Need responses please D:

NWKENT
Old
(Last edited by NWKENT; 8th July 2014 at 06:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMTMS View Post
Okay, i've wanted to flash TWRP, to flash CM11, so i have root, unlocked bootloader, drivers, etc. Required for flashing but there are two problems.

With TWRP flashing:
* Whenever i try to flash it (i have the file in the adt bundle folder with the cmd window open from the directory) and write:

I get this:

With Stock flashing:

Then i tried to re-flash stock firmware in case that there were any corrupted file interrupting the process.

Flashed, but in the process, after, or while flashing system.img (All with RSD Lite), in the phone, appeared a red text line that said "sp space is not enough" and the phone took like half a minute to reboot again and everything seemed to be normal. But if i try to do any of those processes again, even if i re flash stock fw, it keeps the same.

Need responses please D:
If I understand your post correctly..

Sir..use mfastboot with this command >>

mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Rename your recovery file to this >> recovery.img

Then flash..make sure that the recovery.img file is in the same directory as adb.exe

Make sure that you do have a mfastboot.exe in the same directory as the adb.exe..you may have to also copy some .dll files from another directory to the same directory as the mfastboot.exe (and) adb.exe

Also..you mentioned that you flashed a new OS..maybe the FXZ is modified to NOT erase data/cache.?

Make SURE that you have the proper TWRP version for your device..(probably) "ghost" code name type TWRP is what you'll need..many ones mess up by not using the proper TWRP version for the device..

Sent from my:
(Jaocagomex debloated)
4.4_19.6.3 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
The Following User Says Thank You to NWKENT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMTMS View Post

With TWRP flashing:

I get this:

With Stock flashing:

Need responses please D:
Find the Return to Stock thread.

Use the manual method instead of RSD Lite, and use 'mfastboot' for ALL commands.

The problem is that the native fastboot cannot flash system.img because it is too large. The modified motorola 'mfastboot' is able to flash it.

Please try and post results.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root