XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] problem after problem rooting moto x

Tip us?

siccoblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] problem after problem rooting moto x

so ive been trying to root my moto x for about a week now, started out on android 4.4 went through the steps to the best of my knowledge i got it downgraded and rooted on the 4.2.2 camera update and write protection unlocked, ran the adb command to check if write protection is disabled and get "0" as i should, yet something somewhere just isnt working. when i get to the last steps with the adb shell commands i get a permission denied error, ive tried everything it seems like done countless hours of research but nothing seems to work... ive even tried @640k s automatic script get to the end and get

Code:
Checking for root... drumroll, please...

!! Your device doesn't appear to be rooted !!
The SU was not found or was not installed!

Its really starting to seem like i just screwed something up beyond repair at SOME point and it isnt possible to root it now, im running moto x 1060 on verizon.

any help is appreciated. id really really really like to get my root up and running but im losing hope on it

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Look in the general section for my guide how to root 4.4 but sounds like supersu needs to be installed you can do that via the market or with a flashable zip.via the recovery. After you install supersu download root checker and see if your rooted if not I'll get on the computer and post the link to my guide if you can't find it

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

siccoblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
jesus i feel stupid, installed supersu now i have root access, thanks for catching that for me. appreciate it

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoblue View Post
jesus i feel stupid, installed supersu now i have root access, thanks for catching that for me. appreciate it
np glad it worked out
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |