Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A few questions

Tip us?

vaibhavshan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] A few questions

Hi
On ebay one excellent condition moto x is listed.its xt1058 model.I am from india and planning to buy this.But can i unlock it?if i can, will all the functions work after unlocking?also will i receive all moto x updates on this?Or if there are any other problem i can face after unlocking a phone,please elaborate.?
One more question in my mind why mint conditions carrier locked phone are available in larger quantitites in usa.Is something fishy about these phones?
Seller has large quantities like 30 phones to sell all mint conditions xt1058 at and t models.From where such phones come in large quantities?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 654
If its an ATT XT1058 it can be SIM unlocked, but not Bootloader unlocked (unless you can use the Chinese Website/MiddleMan).

The other questions, I can't answer.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

A2Trip
Old
Thanks Meter 409
[Q] huh? Belongs in "Q & A" section. Sorry, not trying to be an ass. Rules are rules...that's one of the simplest.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

vaibhavshan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
If its an ATT XT1058 it can be SIM unlocked, but not Bootloader unlocked (unless you can use the Chinese Website/MiddleMan).

The other questions, I can't answer.
Will other functions work after unlocking?what about updates?and for what prpose bootloader unlocking is needed?for flashing roms?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavshan View Post
Will other functions work after unlocking?what about updates?and for what prpose bootloader unlocking is needed?for flashing roms?
Yes, Yes, and Yes
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

vaibhavshan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Yes, Yes, and Yes
ok one more thing..best source or place to unlock it?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ok one more thing..best source or place to unlock it?
I have no first-hand experience buying sim-unlock codes, so I can't recommend one personally. If you search the Moto X forums, there are a few different ones mentioned that users claim to work.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
While SIM locked, you can only use ATT SIMs in the phone. After you SIM unlock you can use the SIM from other GSM carriers. I do no know what GSM and LTE bands your carrier uses, so I can't speak to how well the ATT XT1058 will work on your carrier once SIM unlocked.

I don't know if you will receive updates with the ATT XT1058 when using it on a different carrier.

There are many sources on the internet selling the SIM unlock code for ATT Moto X (XT1058).

Bootloader unlocking allows you to easily root and disable write protection, as well as flash 3rd party or "after market" recoveries and roms. There is only one source for Bootloader unlock code for the ATT XT1058, and that is in the Chinese Website/Middleman threads in the general section here.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-