OP MakoVince

11th January 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 22

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey all, looking to purchase a Moto X and I'm trying to figure out what variant would work on Bell Mobility in Canada as it's not entirely clear. If someone could help me out that'd be great! Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 133

711 posts
Compare the bands/frequencies that Bell Mobility uses to the bands/frequencies supported by the different Moto X variants?
11th January 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
You'd want the XT1058 model (aka the AT&T Moto X). Only that model has LTE band 7 (2600MHz), which is widely used in Europe and Asia- it's also the model sold by Rogers Canada.

Keep in mind that if you're planning to root it you should get the Developer Edition. (But then you won't get LTE support outside America).

Bottom line:
AT&T model for international LTE support (XT1058)
Developer Edition for easy rooting (ie. unlockable bootloader) (XT1053)
Last edited by KaiHD; 11th January 2014 at 06:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaiHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #4  
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 209

679 posts
The easiest to get and best one for Bell is the Rogers/Fido version. It comes sim locked but it is 8 dollars or less to unlock it. They are pretty easy to come across on craigslist these days.

You could also import one from the US if you wanted, if that is the case then I'd get the tmobile version. You would lose access to band 7 LTE though but you'd be able to get a custom colored version and 32gb if you need it.

edit - to respond to what KaiHD said above my post

Run away from the AT&T version, the Rogers version is the same hardware but has an unlockable bootloader and no bloatware. The Rogers version is also very easy to sim unlock.

Also, I see you're in BC, if its the lower mainland you can pickup an as new Moto X for $300.00 Cdn

Just for those wondering - Bell Mobility is a Canadian cell provider with HSPA and LTE.
Last edited by Steve-x; 11th January 2014 at 06:56 AM.
11th January 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 22

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately people in my area are asking unreasonable prices for Rogers/Fido Moto Xs (500-600) and I have the opportunity to grab an AT&T variant for under 300. Thanks to both of your for the info, helped a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread