Default [Q] Question: Moto X and Telcel GSM SIM in Mexico

I know there is a thread about someone using a MAXX for this purpose here - but I wondered if anyone here specifically had experience using a Telcel GSM SIM in Mexico with a Moto X.

Just a little backstory on this... I am going to Cancun in October. I have a Samsung S4 but read that it has issues using data with a GSM sim... so I did some research and, from what I have read, my best option was to get a Moto X because the radio in 4.4.4 fixed a bunch of issues with using a GSM sim and that the Moto X was truly sim unlocked - where the MAXX was locked during a recent update. From a layman's perspective, it is almost impossible to determine what the reality is... but I made the jump anyway.

I actually got Verizon to give me a free upgrade 15 months ahead of schedule when I told them that I would just add a new line and pay the ETF rather than paying full retail for the phone... after explaining to them that I wanted the Moto X because it was sim unlocked. The good news is that they didn't even extend my contract... they just let me buy a new subsidized phone, apparently.

So, now to the question at hand... has anyone had experience doing this? Do I need to do something to make it work properly?