Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about the unlocked T-Mobile version.

Tip us?

Datafiend
Old
(Last edited by Datafiend; 19th January 2014 at 02:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question Question about the unlocked T-Mobile version.

Hey all,

I was originally going to get a LG G2 but I recently changed my mind as some of the features of the Moto X and it's near stock ui has me very intrigued. The problem is that I live outside of the US and I was wondering if the T-Mobile GSM Unlocked version that is available on Motorola's site is truly unlocked and if I would be able to use it in my country. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section. Please forgive me.

yeapyh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafiend View Post
Hey all,

I was originally going to get a LG G2 but I recently changed my mind as some of the features of the Moto X and it's near stock ui has me very intrigued. The problem is that I live outside of the US and I was wondering if the T-Mobile GSM Unlocked version that is available on Motorola's site is truly unlocked and if I would be able to use it in my country. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section. Please forgive me.
hi, im using a tmobile version in my country malaysia, all good, even 4G.
The Following User Says Thank You to yeapyh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mavericktc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
There are loads of topics talking about this, give it a search!

ardoreal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It is truly unlocked. In posting on a TMo Moto X right now on a different carrier. They're basically the same as the developer edition.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Louie.Chan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeapyh View Post
hi, im using a tmobile version in my country malaysia, all good, even 4G.
I really want to know it shows 4G or 4G LTE of your XT1053 at Malaysia, thanks!

aldouse
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It should be LTE. It's the Verizon version you'll get screwed with on the LTE outside US. Afaik the T-Mobile version is global LTE. But I'd need someone to confirm

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
002photography.com

current: Galaxy Note 3

past: Moto-X/HTC One/iPhone 5/iPhone 4s/Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy S3/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S2/Nexus S4/HTC Evo Shift/HTC Evo