[Q] Quick question on unlocking a VZW Dev Edition bootloader

OP Apyle2011

18th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have what I hope is a quick and simple question. I recently purchased a lightly used Developer Edition and have been going through the steps to unlock the bootloader. Everything seems to work as one would expect, except that I never get the email from Motorola with the unlock code. I called Motorola and talked to their Level 2 support, which did not impress. They seemed to think that it would take up to three days to get this unlock code email, which seems a little absurd, especially as there is no indication that I can find on Motorola's web page that it should take so long. So how long should it take for me to get this unlock code email?
Last edited by Apyle2011; 18th April 2014 at 02:43 AM.
18th April 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Check your junk mail. When I unlocked mine, it went to my junk folder. I requested code on a Friday, but did not receive it till the following Monday.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kartoon713 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoon713

Check your junk mail. When I unlocked mine, it went to my junk folder. I requested code on a Friday, but did not receive it till the following Monday.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I checked those folders, but will continue to check over the next few days. The Moto website did not seem to provide info on how long it would take to send said code.

-- UPDATE --

Started drilling down into all of the folders on my gmail, only to find that (a) the code was send three hours after my request, and (b) it was not in the "junk" or "spam" folder, but in the "promotions" folder. How strange. Giving it a try right now!
Last edited by Apyle2011; 18th April 2014 at 12:54 PM.
18th April 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apyle2011

Thanks! I checked those folders, but will continue to check over the next few days. The Moto website did not seem to provide info on how long it would take to send said code.

-- UPDATE --

Started drilling down into all of the folders on my gmail, only to find that (a) the code was send three hours after my request, and (b) it was not in the "junk" or "spam" folder, but in the "promotions" folder. How strange. Giving it a try right now!

Bootloader unlocked, phone now rooted, running migration process. Almost there!
20th April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 20

155 posts
More
I think when you unlock via the website it does tell you it can take up to three days to generate the code. I got mine within a few minutes. I just think it depends on how many requests they get.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread