Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Radio completely dead

Tip us?

kirans
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Radio completely dead

Yesterday morning when I picked up my moto x I saw that it showed zero signal. Didn't pay attention since I live in a poor signal area anyway. An nor later when I had to make a call I noticed that the signal was still zero. Went to settings and checked status, it says 0 dBm 99 ASU. I went outside where the signal is usually good, and still nothing. After a couple of restarts still 0dbm 99ASU. Then I tried wife's SIM but the same thing. Even two factory resets didn't help. Took it to the service center and they said it was a hardware failure and I'd have to leave my phone for repairs. Estimated time 1 week!

I'm curious to find out if anyone has experienced something similar. What are the chances of a 'hardware failure'. The service tech didn't sound knowledgeable at all, he struggled to even do a factory reset. He kept saying my SIM was faulty and I had to demonstrate to him that my SIM works on a different phone before he came to the hardware failure theory.

I'm worried, should I have left my phone with him?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

proxuser
Old
Thanks Meter 5650

DONATE TO ME
tried put another sim card to your moto x ?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kirans
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Yes, I tried my wife's SIM and same thing. But I believe that the phone must display signal strength even without a SIM. In this case there is nothing, like as if there was no radio at all.

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Try this download phone testing by diewland go to phone information and toggle turn off radio and press it again to turn it on
Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Slick52
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My original X lost ability to get a 4g connection. It would drop all cellular connections about every 5 minutes then only connect to 3g. I tried new SIM, but ultimately had to warranty it out for a new X. Just my experience... No problems with new unit.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

kirans
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I hope they fix my phone or give me a new one. Im stuck using the nano SIM in an Atrix 4g now. Wedged it in place with a piece of card. Now and then especially when I walk, the SIM works its way out and I have to keep re seating it.