Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Read Text Message Over Bluetooth

OP chris157

1st March 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #11  
N. Wales
Thanks Meter: 0

119 posts
More
I have this issue too and I am using an aftermarket Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS head unit. However if I'm listening to Bluetooth audio, the audio will go quiet for a second as if a notification came in, but no notification will go through the speaker system and the phone won't make noise either. It's quite annoying cause then I have to look the phone to see what it was. I also have the same issue when using Motorola assist where it will understand the command but I can't hear the response.

Is it possible to set something up in Tasker to be able to play the sound through the phone speaker while still retaining Bluetooth connectivity for music?

I have also tried tinkering with the Bluetooth settings in the new assist that gets upgraded and 4.4.2, but to no avail.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, driving, sms, touchless controls
Previous Thread Next Thread