Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Real problems with download speeds

Tip us?

gsusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Real problems with download speeds

I have good signal. This doesn't seem to be an issue but my download speeds are woeful. Either 3 or 4g it's just terrible. Ping speeds are slow and download speeds on 4g are less than 1meg at times.

It's a 1052 model. Does anyone know if there's any update modem drivers. Genuinely can't handle this hahaha

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx View Post
I have good signal. This doesn't seem to be an issue but my download speeds are woeful. Either 3 or 4g it's just terrible. Ping speeds are slow and download speeds on 4g are less than 1meg at times.

It's a 1052 model. Does anyone know if there's any update modem drivers. Genuinely can't handle this hahaha

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
Ping and download speeds are most likely related to your carrier and not your phone - especially if you have a good signal. Do you have another GSM phone that you can place your SIM card into and see if your speeds increase and your PINGs decrease? You really need a basis for comparison.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

gsusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
not another 4g phone mrs has an iphone .... but thats only good or a 3g test

might have to just buy one and see what happens... doing my head in though !!!!!

gcbxda
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I started a similar thread a little earlier than you. Same crap.

My moto X Dev with t mobile Sim. My wife's note 2 bought from att and unlocked, which doesn't even have all the LTE frequencies/channels , on the same family plan...

Speed tests on the att note 2 is unbelievable better than the moto X.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app
--

Moto X, buyer remorse, stock.
nexus one, buyer remorse. cm7.1
hp touchpad, pure awesomeness. cm9 nightly + stock webOS
alcatel touch one fire. firefoxOS from source every slow weekend or so.

gsusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
looks like the problem is the 4g on the phone. data speeds are inconsistant and on top of that i cant make or receive calls when on a 4g network

crap

gsusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
at a total loss now. swapped sim cards and cant make calls on 4g.... have put an o2 sim in the phone and that doesnt seem to have the same issues as the ee sim ..... arrrrgghhhh

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx View Post
at a total loss now. swapped sim cards and cant make calls on 4g.... have put an o2 sim in the phone and that doesnt seem to have the same issues as the ee sim ..... arrrrgghhhh
Are you manually forcing the phone into "LTE Only" mode? This would explain why you can't make calls on 4g....
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT