How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Real problems with download speeds

OP gsusx

6th July 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

335 posts
I have good signal. This doesn't seem to be an issue but my download speeds are woeful. Either 3 or 4g it's just terrible. Ping speeds are slow and download speeds on 4g are less than 1meg at times.

It's a 1052 model. Does anyone know if there's any update modem drivers. Genuinely can't handle this hahaha

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx

I have good signal. This doesn't seem to be an issue but my download speeds are woeful. Either 3 or 4g it's just terrible. Ping speeds are slow and download speeds on 4g are less than 1meg at times.

It's a 1052 model. Does anyone know if there's any update modem drivers. Genuinely can't handle this hahaha

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

Ping and download speeds are most likely related to your carrier and not your phone - especially if you have a good signal. Do you have another GSM phone that you can place your SIM card into and see if your speeds increase and your PINGs decrease? You really need a basis for comparison.
6th July 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
not another 4g phone mrs has an iphone .... but thats only good or a 3g test

might have to just buy one and see what happens... doing my head in though !!!!!
7th July 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag l.a.
Thanks Meter: 16

158 posts
More
I started a similar thread a little earlier than you. Same crap.

My moto X Dev with t mobile Sim. My wife's note 2 bought from att and unlocked, which doesn't even have all the LTE frequencies/channels , on the same family plan...

Speed tests on the att note 2 is unbelievable better than the moto X.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app
7th July 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
looks like the problem is the 4g on the phone. data speeds are inconsistant and on top of that i cant make or receive calls when on a 4g network

crap
7th July 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
at a total loss now. swapped sim cards and cant make calls on 4g.... have put an o2 sim in the phone and that doesnt seem to have the same issues as the ee sim ..... arrrrgghhhh
7th July 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx

at a total loss now. swapped sim cards and cant make calls on 4g.... have put an o2 sim in the phone and that doesnt seem to have the same issues as the ee sim ..... arrrrgghhhh

Are you manually forcing the phone into "LTE Only" mode? This would explain why you can't make calls on 4g....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread