Rear camera stopped working?

OP Heisenberg420

24th June 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 429

1,501 posts
Hi guys I had mentioned this in another thread but i didn't see any one make a thread about this, and i wanted to know if I'm the only one or not.

The rear camera on my brother's moto X has stopped working, opening the camera app its fixed on front facing, and the button to switch cameras is gone. He claims it happened completely randomly. I tried clearing camera cache, uninstall updates, reinstall camera app. Also tried clearing cache partition. Tried booting up in safe mode (to see if an app was causing it) and it wasn't working. Only thing I haven't tried is factory reset, which i will try before finally taking it to the at&t store.

I've found like 2 other instances on google and both were resolved by getting a new phone.

So has anyone had this happen? Also any other suggestions I can try before taking it to at&t?

I'm on latest stock 4.4.2 OTA firmware, so i guess flashing a new ROM isn't an option.
24th June 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,728

1,988 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420

Hi guys I had mentioned this in another thread but i didn't see any one make a thread about this, and i wanted to know if I'm the only one or not.

The rear camera on my brother's moto X has stopped working, opening the camera app its fixed on front facing, and the button to switch cameras is gone. He claims it happened completely randomly. I tried clearing camera cache, uninstall updates, reinstall camera app. Also tried clearing cache partition. Tried booting up in safe mode (to see if an app was causing it) and it wasn't working. Only thing I haven't tried is factory reset, which i will try before finally taking it to the at&t store.

I've found like 2 other instances on google and both were resolved by getting a new phone.

So has anyone had this happen? Also any other suggestions I can try before taking it to at&t?

I'm on latest stock 4.4.2 OTA firmware, so i guess flashing a new ROM isn't an option.

This could be a hardware issue, but you could SBF back to stock to be sure. Even though you are on 4.4.2 and BL Locked, you can still safely flash the entire 4.4.2 SBF, which will fix any corruption (if present) in your filesystem. Try a "factory reset" first, but if that doesn't fix the issue, try SBFing back to stock. A "Factory reset" can not fix a corrupted filesystem (just resets to defaults), but SBFing can.

Just find the thread titled "Return to stock". The manual method is easier and faster.

Since you will be flashing the original -signed- firmware files (stock ROM), this is possible even with a locked bootloader. Whatever you do, don't flash any version prior to 4.4.2!

The return to stock thread has links to everything you need, including the entire 4.4.2 AT&T SBF file.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 429

1,501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

This could be a hardware issue, but you could SBF back to stock to be sure. Even though you are on 4.4.2 and BL Locked, you can still safely flash the entire 4.4.2 SBF, which will fix any corruption (if present) in your filesystem. Try a "factory reset" first, but if that doesn't fix the issue, try SBFing back to stock. A "Factory reset" can not fix a corrupted filesystem (just resets to defaults), but SBFing can.

Just find the thread titled "Return to stock". The manual method is easier and faster.

Since you will be flashing the original -signed- firmware files (stock ROM), this is possible even with a locked bootloader. Whatever you do, don't flash any version prior to 4.4.2!

The return to stock thread has links to everything you need, including the entire 4.4.2 AT&T SBF file.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. I'll give that a shot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread