XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

reboot to recovery no command error

Tip us?

ericizzy1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default reboot to recovery no command error

im on rooted 4.4, all works fine but the exchange,, trying to replace the email 4.4.2 apk, so my eschange will work, when i try to boot into recovery, i get "no command error"
can anyone plese help?

Q9Nap
Old
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
im on rooted 4.4, all works fine but the exchange,, trying to replace the email 4.4.2 apk, so my eschange will work, when i try to boot into recovery, i get "no command error"
can anyone plese help?
what are you using to reboot into recovery?
here's the failsafe way to access recovery:
power off the phone, press and hold volume down + power for a few seconds then release to access bootloader menu. press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it.

ericizzy1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap View Post
what are you using to reboot into recovery?
here's the failsafe way to access recovery:
power off the phone, press and hold volume down + power for a few seconds then release to access bootloader menu. press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it.
thats exactly what i did and still got the error. even tried with adb, no luck

Q9Nap
Old
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thats exactly what i did and still got the error. even tried with adb, no luck
strange, are you unlocked and using twrp/cwm or locked and using slapmymoto? if you're unlocked, i'd recommend reflashing twrp/cwm recovery image, sounds like it may be corrupt. if you're locked, i can't help as i haven't messed with any of the locked device stuff.

ericizzy1
Old
(Last edited by ericizzy1; 20th February 2014 at 04:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
im on a locked device, used slapmymoto, thanks for trying,can anyone else help?

jayboyyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Why do you need to be in recovery. You should have write protect off already. If you are trying to flash something you can't without safestrap and the zip needs yo be made for safestrap. Just manually move the emails and change the permissions

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

jniklast
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Press Power + Volume Up at the same time when it shows "no command" (And if that doesn't work try Power + Volume Down )

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; 20th February 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
If the button presses while rebooting to get to where you can select recovery doesn't work... You could try Quick Reboot -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ions.quickboot to reboot into recovery, or open a command prompt on your PC.. and issue the command.. adb reboot bootloader then pick recovery from there.. If those ways also error with that same message you are seeing now, then your phone doesn't has a problem with its recovery partition.

As others have said, if you are rooted with Write Protection disabled (SlapMyMoto v1 thread tells you to run MotoWPNoMo first, to disable write protection, then follow its process), you should be able to go in, rename the old APK, and replace it with the new one (and set the attributes the same) without needing to be in recovery.

Then again, if you rooted with SlapMyMoto .5 (before the MotoWPNoMo was available), or you never did the MotoWPNoMo process that would explain why you want recovery... you're trying to boot to "recovery" so that you can boot with the Write Protection disabled so you can make this change.

apm_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
  1. Power off your Moto X
  2. Next, boot into bootloader mode by holding Volume Down and Power
  3. At the bootloader screen, use Volume Down and scroll to Recovery, then press Volume Up to select it
  4. Once you rebooted into recovery mode you will see No Command. Hold Volume Up and press Power to show the recovery menu