LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

[Q] Recently got a Moto X some weird issues with data network

OP HobsonA

20th June 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Albany
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
I just got a Moto X and popped in my straight talk sim card and setup the APN correctly and everything was working great.

Randomly I get an issue usually once or twice a day where my browser will stop transfering data. I tried google play and nothing would load there either. I tried speed test app and it measures roughly 5 Mbits. After speed test I go back and it still doesn't work.

So far the only way to fix the issue has been to reboot my phone and then all works fine again and then the same occurs after some time...

Any ideas at all having difficulty finding posts similar to this

Thanks!
21st June 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,728

1,988 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobsonA

I just got a Moto X and popped in my straight talk sim card and setup the APN correctly and everything was working great.

Randomly I get an issue usually once or twice a day where my browser will stop transfering data. I tried google play and nothing would load there either. I tried speed test app and it measures roughly 5 Mbits. After speed test I go back and it still doesn't work.

So far the only way to fix the issue has been to reboot my phone and then all works fine again and then the same occurs after some time...

Thanks!

If there is another APN besides the Straight Talk APN, delete it. Often times, the phone will have a default APN and Straight Talk suggests you delete any additional ones.

Good Luck
21st June 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Albany

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

If there is another APN besides the Straight Talk APN, delete it. Often times, the phone will have a default APN and Straight Talk suggests you delete any additional ones.

Good Luck

Ah that could possibly be it when I added the straight talk APN to my phone there were like 2 others there but for some reason there was no option to delete them so I just left them. I'll try to see if there is a way to remove them...
21st June 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Albany

82 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks!

It appears all the APN settings are locked and can't be deleted anyway to do this on a unrooted kitkat device?
21st June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,728

1,988 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

It appears all the APN settings are locked and can't be deleted anyway to do this on a unrooted kitkat device?

I don't have a GSM Moto X, but I just set up 2 new GSM Moto Es (Unbranded, not rooted). I was able to add the ST APN first, then simply click the '3 dots' in the upper right corner of the APN list, and delete the default APN.

Do you have a carrier-branded device? Perhaps this makes a difference.
24th June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Albany

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

I don't have a GSM Moto X, but I just set up 2 new GSM Moto Es (Unbranded, not rooted). I was able to add the ST APN first, then simply click the '3 dots' in the upper right corner of the APN list, and delete the default APN.

Do you have a carrier-branded device? Perhaps this makes a difference.

I don't think I have a carrier branded device I bought the unlocked GSM Moto X directly from the moto maker from motorola.

I was able to remove the other listed APNs it was as you said when i first tried it was before I added the ST apn and never checked again after i added it. The only thing on the list now is the ST settings however the issue still occurs that randomly I'll go to surf the web over data and nothing will load until I reboot.

I had read on some sites that ST changed their APN settings and using the old ones work better but they were all dated back in 2013 so I'm not sure how relevant that actually is.
24th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Smile
I had a few similar issues while still fresh out the box but once rooted and flashed cm11 issues disappeared, have no idea whether it was related but hope it helps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread