Recommended Screen Protector

12th April 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

138 posts
Just got a new moto x, put it in my empty pocket for 10 minutes and already have a small hairline scratch. Anyone recommend a good screen protector that offers good protection and feels good to use?
12th April 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

88 posts
Look up realook, they're on ebay and I think amazon. If you put it on properly you can't even tell it's a screen protector unless you study it real hard. Try putting it on in the bathroom after a hot shower, the steam doesn't allow dust to float around and get stuck under the screen protector as easily.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to trentonmc24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonmc24

Look up realook, they're on ebay and I think amazon. If you put it on properly you can't even tell it's a screen protector unless you study it real hard. Try putting it on in the bathroom after a hot shower, the steam doesn't allow dust to float around and get stuck under the screen protector as easily.

Ok thanks will check them out
12th April 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Checked it out, someone said that it covers up the proximity sensor?

"I am a pretty avid Realook customer, you can't beat the quality in my opinion, and I have even evangelised them to my peers.
I have purchased a Realook screen protector for all my screened gadgets. They are very durable, not grippy to the touch like the wet application competetors such as skinomi which leave a wavy ripply finish, and most imnportantly, completely invisible.
Their fit is typically highly precise as well.
However, for the Moto X there is a glaring and disappointing discrepency. Depsite the usual attention to detail from Realook, they have neglected the cut-outs for both the proximity sensor and front-facing camera of the Moto X. This may not affect the camera, but it is a deal breaker for a proximity sensor, rendering it almost inoperable. I was forced to perform my own cut-out before application and the result is less than satisfactory."
12th April 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

88 posts
It does, which is one of the main reasons I bought it, because the cutout makes it obvious a screen protector is used. I haven't had any issues with it effecting my sensor, however I don't rely on it that heavily so I can't be 100% sure its not effecting it in some way, but it doesn't seem to be.

12th April 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Ok thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread