XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Relock bootloader to update?

Tip us?

clavin78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Relock bootloader to update?

I have a spring Moto x with an unlocked bootloader. I want to take the 4.4 update once available so I flashed the stock recovery. Do I have to flash a stock image and relock to take the update? The only mod I have is exposed and gravity box which I could just uninstall first.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

piccit
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Yes you should flash stock System. No, you don't have to relock
The Following User Says Thank You to piccit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bill Idol
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I had to rsd lite my phone back to factory default and then was able to take the ota with no problems. I tried to do it on a rooted stock rom but the update just kept taking me to TWRP and then stop. So I had to just reboot and do the whole rsd lite deal. Some people have gone back to factory default from using the tool kit but I never went that route.
Bill Idol
Device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2

shaya4207
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
I had to rsd lite my phone back to factory default and then was able to take the ota with no problems. I tried to do it on a rooted stock rom but the update just kept taking me to TWRP and then stop. So I had to just reboot and do the whole rsd lite deal. Some people have gone back to factory default from using the tool kit but I never went that route.
When you RSD does it erase everything on your phone? I'm asking because I tried to go back to stock recovery (I also have TWRP now) but I keep on getting the droid with the triangle and exclamation mark...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

shane1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya4207 View Post
When you RSD does it erase everything on your phone? I'm asking because I tried to go back to stock recovery (I also have TWRP now) but I keep on getting the droid with the triangle and exclamation mark...

The droid with the triangle is stock recovery. If you want to rsd you can delete the delete user data line to keep your data but you should just have to flash stock recovery and system and should be good to update.

shaya4207
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1 View Post
The droid with the triangle is stock recovery. If you want to rsd you can delete the delete user data line to keep your data but you should just have to flash stock recovery and system and should be good to update.
So what you're saying is that if see that droid then I'm good? Also, do I have flash both system.img and recovery.img?

shane1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
As long as you have no other mods, deleted or frozen apps yes you should be.