5,600,984 Members 43,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Republic Wireless Moto X Root?

Tip us?
 
purplereign
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] Republic Wireless Moto X Root?

Anyone kind souls that know way more about Andorid than me looking into making this possibly possible?

I got mine today, and would die if I could put my own ROM on it and still have all the Republic-wifi-calling stuff work!
 
theophile2
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplereign View Post
Anyone kind souls that know way more about Andorid than me looking into making this possibly possible?

I got mine today, and would die if I could put my own ROM on it and still have all the Republic-wifi-calling stuff work!
I'm looking to root too, so I can't help you with that part yet, but I can tell you that custom ROM is out of the question. The RW features are baked into the stock ROM. If you flash a new ROM, you're likely to get booted from the network.
 
theophile2
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophile2 View Post
I'm looking to root too, so I can't help you with that part yet, but I can tell you that custom ROM is out of the question. The RW features are baked into the stock ROM. If you flash a new ROM, you're likely to get booted from the network.
Well, I can now speak to the root question. The RockMyMoto method worked perfectly on my wife's RW Moto X.
The Following User Says Thank You to theophile2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
otokoyo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophile2 View Post
Well, I can now speak to the root question. The RockMyMoto method worked perfectly on my wife's RW Moto X.
good sir, what method did you use?

Mine will arrive on Monday and I need root for several functions work requires; busybox, tasker, terminal, ect.
 
eternalxtime
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by otokoyo View Post
good sir, what method did you use?

Mine will arrive on Monday and I need root for several functions work requires; busybox, tasker, terminal, ect.
Think he's referring to this thread. Haven't tried yet since mine hasn't come in either
The Following User Says Thank You to eternalxtime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes