Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

QC Diag drivers for Moto X where they at?

Tip us?
 
thundercles
Old
(Last edited by thundercles; 12th February 2014 at 06:16 AM.)
#1  
thundercles's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 68
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tempe, Arizona

 
DONATE TO ME
Default QC Diag drivers for Moto X where they at?

I've installed all kinds of motorola drivers including the one that the device manager from motorola website, still I cannot read the qc diag serial port. Does anyone have these drivers?! I'm working on sim unlocking the sprint moto x and I gotta be able to get into the modem and see what I'm dealing with. Get me usb serial access to issue QC commands and hopefully I'll be able to post instructions for simunlock and cricket/metropcs flash (that opens up pretty much every carrier except verizon for the sprint model). I wont know until I can qxdm to it, I wish I had a radiocomm version that supported the msm8960 but the version I have goes up through the 6x00 not even close. I still think I can get done what I need to do with qxdm.


Thanks in advance.
 
thecj
Old
#2  
thecj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 52
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Santo Domingo
+1,did you find then?
 
Q9Nap
Old
#3  
Q9Nap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 558
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
I've installed all kinds of motorola drivers including the one that the device manager from motorola website, still I cannot read the qc diag serial port. Does anyone have these drivers?! I'm working on sim unlocking the sprint moto x and I gotta be able to get into the modem and see what I'm dealing with. Get me usb serial access to issue QC commands and hopefully I'll be able to post instructions for simunlock and cricket/metropcs flash (that opens up pretty much every carrier except verizon for the sprint model). I wont know until I can qxdm to it, I wish I had a radiocomm version that supported the msm8960 but the version I have goes up through the 6x00 not even close. I still think I can get done what I need to do with qxdm.


Thanks in advance.
looks like you're booted into bp tools for those interfaces to be dectected, correct? i'm not sure whether or not the moto device manager has drivers for these interfaces as i always use the standalone drivers. here's a link to the latest available as of this posting:
http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=devs%2Fmhous33%2Fdrivers
whichever driver installer you use, the drivers have to be installed manually. iirc motorola qc diag interface is the only one you need to communicate with qpst/qxdm.
in device manager, right click on motorola qc diag interface > update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > ports (com & lpt).
under manufacturer, select motorola.
under model, select motorola qc diag port.
click next, driver should be installed successfully.
looks like you're using windows 8, so you may have to temporarily disable driver signing for it to install.

hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Q9Nap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thundercles
Old
#4  
thundercles's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 68
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tempe, Arizona

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap View Post
looks like you're booted into bp tools for those interfaces to be dectected, correct? i'm not sure whether or not the moto device manager has drivers for these interfaces as i always use the standalone drivers. here's a link to the latest available as of this posting:
http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=devs%2Fmhous33%2Fdrivers
whichever driver installer you use, the drivers have to be installed manually. iirc motorola qc diag interface is the only one you need to communicate with qpst/qxdm.
in device manager, right click on motorola qc diag interface > update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > ports (com & lpt).
under manufacturer, select motorola.
under model, select motorola qc diag port.
click next, driver should be installed successfully.
looks like you're using windows 8, so you may have to temporarily disable driver signing for it to install.

hope this helps.
Lmao I posted this same rant on facebook and a phone flashing friend did these things with team viewer and went ahead and helped me retrieve my MSL code as well. It is all coming down to the UICC unlock, this is what is holding back our ability to sim unlock the sprint version of this phone (because without the UICC unlock it wont read any other Sim cards anyways) I'm working on that right now but I have a headache so it will be later.
 
thecj
Old
#5  
thecj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 52
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Santo Domingo
ok,please if you have sucefully unlock gsm i will love to pay you if you give me the way.
 
abdulhameed
Old
(Last edited by abdulhameed; 17th March 2014 at 07:42 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default MSL code

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
Lmao I posted this same rant on facebook and a phone flashing friend did these things with team viewer and went ahead and helped me retrieve my MSL code as well. It is all coming down to the UICC unlock, this is what is holding back our ability to sim unlock the sprint version of this phone (because without the UICC unlock it wont read any other Sim cards anyways) I'm working on that right now but I have a headache so it will be later.
Does this mean getting the MSL code is useless in unlocking the device for GSM use?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes