Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"no command" when trying to boot into recovery

Tip us?

davidtb12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default "no command" when trying to boot into recovery

Hey guys, I am on Vzw with the ota Kit Kat update and am completely stock. I was just toying around with my phone earlier and was booting into recovery and the only thing I see in recovery is "no command". Does anyone have this same issue? I'm not sure what could have happened since it was the official ota and everything is running fine?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtb12 View Post
Hey guys, I am on Vzw with the ota Kit Kat update and am completely stock. I was just toying around with my phone earlier and was booting into recovery and the only thing I see in recovery is "no command". Does anyone have this same issue? I'm not sure what could have happened since it was the official ota and everything is running fine?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Yap, that's the stock recovery, hold down the volume button for about 6 seconds and then press the power button and let go ,you should see some commands

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawnmeds23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Yap, that's the stock recovery, hold down the volume button for about 6 seconds and then press the power button and let go ,you should see some commands

Sent on my Moto X
I'm getting this when I try to update to 4.4.2. I thought if I reinstalled stock recovery I should be able to take the ota.