Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restored ROM and I can't uninstall apps.

Tip us?

Verdnan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Restored ROM and I can't uninstall apps.

I had to return my first moto under warranty and being lazy I made a complete backup through twrp. I restored this to the new phone and wiped cache and dalvik. Now everything works fine except when I try to uninstall any app it will soft reboot the phone. Has anyone encountered this?

sent from my xt1060 Dev edition.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,316
You'll probably have to clean install your firmware.

Restoring Nandroids from one phone to another can cause many issues. Especially system partition. There can be phone specific info in there and putting it on a different device, even same model, can cause issues.

Its not what Nandroids are intended for. If your EFS partition had been restored from one device to another let's say, you could easily brick the new phone.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Restoring to a different device with Titanium Backup would have been a better solution. User apps only....NOT system apps.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

If you did a nandroid backup of the new phone before you restored, then restore it.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Verdnan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
That's what I get for being lazy. I can't restore the factory without it boot looping. So I guess I have to flash through rsd light.

sent from my xt1060 Dev edition.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,316
Yup.

Use titanium in the future to backup user apps only. Transfer them to PC for safe keeping if you wish....and restore those.

Nandroids are best left as system images of your device, to restore totally if needed. To same device.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

You can use fastboot to restore stock as well. Or RSD.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

And mfastboot.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips