Ask a question

No registration required

[Rogers] KitKat - wait or flash?

OP thedosbox

25th January 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

149 posts
What are those of you with a Rogers Moto X doing given they still haven't released KitKat?

I know their forum has a post indicating it's "coming soon", but attempts to get more information in the Moto X section just result in nonsense responses from someone who doesn't even own a Moto X.

My concern with flashing the developer edition ROM is the loss of warranty and lack of Band 7 LTE support. However, I'd be tempted if the latter is not an issue.
25th January 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #2  
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 211

687 posts
I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.
25th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x

I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.

Hmm, interesting. Wouldn't flashing the Brazil modem affect future DE OTA updates?

[edit] Ugh, it seems that the Brazilian model doesn't support LTE Band 1 (which Rogers uses):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15
Last edited by thedosbox; 25th January 2014 at 03:49 AM.
25th January 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #4  
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 211

687 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedosbox

Hmm, interesting. Wouldn't flashing the Brazil modem affect future DE OTA updates?

[edit] Ugh, it seems that the Brazilian model doesn't support LTE Band 1 (which Rogers uses):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15

Rogers uses LTE bands 4 and 7 which will work prefect with the Brazil modem.
29th January 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

149 posts
Looks like the wait will soon be over:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.co.uk/...grate-and.html

Quote:

KitKat Comes to Moto X in Canada - Do KitKats come in maple? We started this week rolling out KitKat to Moto X on Rogers and Fido, the first Moto X to receive KitKat version 4.4.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread