5,600,053 Members 44,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rogers] KitKat - wait or flash?

Tip us?

thedosbox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Service [Rogers] KitKat - wait or flash?

What are those of you with a Rogers Moto X doing given they still haven't released KitKat?

I know their forum has a post indicating it's "coming soon", but attempts to get more information in the Moto X section just result in nonsense responses from someone who doesn't even own a Moto X.

My concern with flashing the developer edition ROM is the loss of warranty and lack of Band 7 LTE support. However, I'd be tempted if the latter is not an issue.
My days not taking you seriously have come to a middle

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

thedosbox
Old
(Last edited by thedosbox; 25th January 2014 at 02:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.
Hmm, interesting. Wouldn't flashing the Brazil modem affect future DE OTA updates?

[edit] Ugh, it seems that the Brazilian model doesn't support LTE Band 1 (which Rogers uses):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedosbox View Post
Hmm, interesting. Wouldn't flashing the Brazil modem affect future DE OTA updates?

[edit] Ugh, it seems that the Brazilian model doesn't support LTE Band 1 (which Rogers uses):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15
Rogers uses LTE bands 4 and 7 which will work prefect with the Brazil modem.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

thedosbox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Looks like the wait will soon be over:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.co.uk/...grate-and.html

Quote:
KitKat Comes to Moto X in Canada - Do KitKats come in maple? We started this week rolling out KitKat to Moto X on Rogers and Fido, the first Moto X to receive KitKat version 4.4.2